<p>In no way do I approve of what those kids did, but I don’t think they should be kicked out of school for being internet meanies. I don’t think the kids should be kicked out of school either . . . They didn’t commit this crime on school property and the school is there to educate, not police.</p>
<p>The kids SHOULD be turned over to the real police, though.</p>
<p>As for the kid who lived in the house, I doubt he intended/participated in the vandalism . . . Probably he invited a few people over and they invited a few more and THEY invited a few more (etc) and things got out of hand. Just another example of how binge drinking and partying can rocket out of control.</p>
<p>H and I went out to dinner one night and youngest innocently posted Home Alone as her facebook status…</p>
<p>Halfway through escargot, my phone rings…“Mom? Ummm. Could you come home, cuz, well, I did something really stupid…”</p>
<p>Get home and there are fifteen teenagers in our driveway…some of her friends inside…Her bff was over when we left the house. “What were you thinking??? Call your mother!”</p>
<p>I don’t know what was up with the kids outside, but they were older. She was a freshman.</p>
<p>It had never once occured to me to even say, “Don’t write “home alone” on your FB.” I mean, after all the talks about strangers and not letting people in the house. :rolleyes:</p>
<p>Some are reporting that this kid had a couple of parties earlier in the week. If that is true, then as the week went on and more kids started finding out about the new “party home,” more (wild) kids started showing up.</p>
<p>It looks like the son had been “pulling the wool” over the relatives by saying, “I’m just going to go home for a bit to take care of the cat.”</p>
<p>That is total BS that he was afraid to call the police. He could have grabbed a cell phone, went into a bathroom and called the police.</p>
<p>I wonder if, prior to the trip, Mom would have said “I know my son. My son is a good kid. He would never have a party while we were gone. Of course, other bad kids might come over and take advantage of the situation.” Then again, she did arrange for him to stay elsewhere, so she must have mulled over the possibility that he might be tempted to have a few friends over. She seems to be accepting his version of the story, though.</p>
<p>She should have arranged for a relative to stay at her house…or at least inform neighbors on all sides to call the police or the nearby relatives if they saw any parties going on.</p>
<p>I don’t know if it’s been signed yet, but this gives the schools ammunition to deal with cyberbullying, which is exactly what’s been going on with the son.</p>