A Question of Integrity

<p>Honestly, I wouldn't tell them. you've worked this hard (for four years) to get into this school-not worth it if you get recinded. And honestly, you are a better person if you LEARN from your mistakes and not repeat them, rather then get recinded and have more stress put upon you.</p>

<p>I am 59 year old physician who worked for the State Department for 23 years before retiring and going into private practice. From what I have seen both in the Foreign Service and a medical career people nearly always get into more trouble for trying to cover up a mistake than they would have if they had just admitted it. It is not just the next four years you have to worry about, it is the rest of your life. Even after you have graduated if the college finds out there was a material misrepresentation on your application they could revoke your degree.</p>

<p>What's makes this all the more confusing is Everyone seems to have a different idea of big of a deal ignoring a schools score choice policy is. Lematire, are you suggesting I call admissions?</p>

<p>To Lemaitre1's point:</p>

<p>As</a> George O'Leary climbed the coaching ladder to his dream - 04.08.02 - SI Vault</p>

<p>Notre Dame didn't hire George O'Leary because they thought he held some unpaid assistant coach position that he didn't really hold. And they didn't hire him as head coach because they thought he got a Master's degree at NYU. Those things were not material to their decision to hire him. They were probably completely irrelevant.</p>

<p>And if it was a pro football team that had hired him, nobody would have cared.</p>

<p>But Notre Dame's a university. And those dirty little secrets that kept following him from job to job couldn't go away. In the end, those secrets did catch up to him...at a time when paying for them cost him big time because Notre Dame had no choice but to act.</p>

<p>Update: I talked to someone in admissions about not sending all my scores because all my scores weren't on my transcript and I didn't think it was a big deal at the time. I was told the policy is new this year and not to worry about it. Though individual situations vary I ended up worrying about nothing.</p>

<p>Grandisles, Congratulations on making your courageous decision and the favorable outcome. Now you will not have to spend the rest of your life worrying if somehow they are ever going to find out, and if they do, what will the consequences be.</p>

<p>wow, i bet you feel great. congrats.</p>

<p>So now could you tell us what college it was lol? Was it top 10?</p>

<p>I'm glad you took the risk and did the right thing :)</p>

<p>That's good news. </p>

<p>There are some schools that really do need to state their requirements in plain terms. Some admission offices take great pains to emphasize how important it is for applicants to express themselves well in writing...while their own test score reporting requirements are opaque.</p>

<p>Not that I'd complain, grandisles, but I'm not sure I comprehend their "it's new this year" rationale...because it's not as though college applicants had to change their score-sending habits after years of sending scores under a different set of rules. I suspect that comment speaks to the admission office's inability to craft an equitable policy when faced with a new twist from the College Board people.</p>