Any Transfer Applicants for Fall 2010?

<p>28 more days! :O</p>

<p>I applied as for enrollment as a junior! Has anybody heard anything yet? Any tracking emails or the like? I've heard nothing! :(</p>

<p>I almost wrote Swarthmore off because like a week ago they sent me an email about missing ALL my paperwork. And me, in the middle of finals, just considered it a sign from above.</p>

<p>All of a sudden they send me an email that they found everything but a teacher rec. So...I'm thinking they are getting close to decision time considering everything's organized now. I'm guessing 2 more weeks.</p>

<p>I almost wrote them off after filling out their financial aid packet. so many freakin' questions my mom and I were going nuts.</p>

<p>Yeah, the financial packet was insane! So. Many. Questions.

<p>Er, I haven't gotten any confirmations back that they got all my stuff together. But then, most of my schools apparently don't send transfer applicants check lists. I'm looking at my Common App account and apparently they've downloaded my applications but not my payment....?</p>

<p>lol, hopefully doing those fin aid forms weren't for nothing. the CSS was hellish, plus paying to ask to be evaluated for fin aid eligibility?! ugggh.</p>

<p>does anybody know what swarthmore's policy is about rushing decisions?</p>

<p>Im supposed to give skidmore college a decision by may 20th and will hear from the rest of my schools before then, but not Swarthmore. if I fax them my acceptance letter, will they rush my decision? just curious. :)</p>

<p>maybe you should just ask Skidmore for an extension -- that'd be easier, I think. I hope we'll hear before then though, hopefully you know which one you prefer in case you don't get much time for a final decision. :P</p>

<p>yeah, swarthmore is screwing me. They have no alternative policy in place for these kinds of situations. oh well, their loss!</p>

<p>You could accept Skidmore's offer and then, if you find out that you've been accepted to Swarthmore, leave Skidmore and join Swat! </p>

<p>That's what I did last year. :P I wanted to go to Penn State, but only if I got into their honors program. Rutgers wanted an answer before then. So I accepted Rutgers, and then when I found out I was accepted to honors at PSU, I canceled Rutgers and went to PSU. haha.
Rutgers refunded my down payment and everything.</p>

<p>It looks like I might have to do that, but Skids deposit is 500 buckaroos, so I'd prefer to not have that at risk. They said we should find out next week, that the letters are being sent on the 17th.</p>

<p>well, it sounds like you might have a little time. maybe you should ask Swarthmore for e-mail notification at the same time they send out the letters? That shouldn't be a hassle for them, right?</p>

<p>the 17th, seriously? I can't wait to see my thin envelope and end this nervous week can't come soon enough. >____<;</p>

<p>Wait, who is sending letters on the 17th? Swat??</p>

<p>Wait they are doing snail mail? Not email?</p>

<p>And where did you hear the date: 17th?</p>

<p>To my knowledge, they will be sending notifications via snail mail.
And I was asking bwaybabe79 about the 17th. :P I'm not sure, either. I thought it was the 30th.</p>

<p>when i called, the lady on the phone refused to give me my decision b/c according to her, the letters were being mailed on the 17th.</p>

<p>Received my letter today, postmarked May 14. Waitlisted.</p>

<p>I'm in!
postmark may11
please PM me if you got in!
I'm deciding b/w columbia / swarthmore but i think i will be attending swarthmore</p>

<p>There will be at least one wait-list offer made.</p>