I don’t know why I am behaving like this, but I really can’t handle what’s going on.
Are these Universities good enough for an International seeking low contribution? [3.78 GPA, rank 1]
Yes, I am applying there.
I think I should be able to handle it thanks to Indian system’s rigor.
Indeed.
Thank you for reply.
I don’t think I will see my self working at a job anytime soon. I want go into the realms of research a bit.
Thank you
You’re describing a high stress level, which is normal with what you’re trying to do.
The enormity of your challenge, the possibility of failure, the sheer amount of work required to get all those applications and essays done… It’s understandable you feel the way you do. ![]()
Taking breaks and distracting yourself (film, game, family time) will help relieve some of the stress.
I’ll be on the train in about 6 hours so if you send your list of activities by DM I can try to look at it then.
But its really saddening I was barely able to get any work done honestly.
I’ll send you as soon as possible, I am polishing them/
You will need to focus now - figure out how many applications are left and divide by 5 and do that many each day. So if you have 20 to go, do 4 a day starting today.
You’ve worked too hard to let it slide now. Make sure to do Texas A&M International (Laredo TX, not College Station, TX), Southern Miss, Minot, Ole Miss, etc.
Your right. back to action now.
I don’t know I can’t still do anything…
I know deadlines near but still it feels like its all over.
What colleges are still on your list to apply for?
And how many of them require essays that you don’t already have written?
and of your acceptances, which two or three are at the lowest price point right now and what is their cost?
This information can help you figure out how to prioritize your efforts going forward if you don’t have the energy to do everything you had intended to.
What did you use for your activities for the colleges that you have already applied for?
50 more,
nothing comes at my price point at all, the bare minimum was washington being twice by efc.
Don’t try to apply to all, focus on colleges that ARE within budget or close enough.
Most that u need to apply to are not going to have a Jan 1 deadline. Applying for Wash College made no sense. A private school that doesn’t meet need, that has financial issues.
Outside the meets need schools, you only need to do any that offer a full ride merit that international can partake or the Texas A&M Intl, Minot, Southern Miss of the world because if one hits, it will be that type. So you are in some ways creating this stress. Have you applied to these most likely ones yet ?
Here are three more low in cost that might ring the realm of reality.
Delta State is another just outside of range but perhaps they have institutional merit I am missing. But you have until June 1 to apply organize your school by app and scholarship dates and tell us the 50 we can tell you which to ditch - no earthly idea why you would have applied to WC.
U of Tennessee Southern is another to consider.
One last to check is UNC Pembroke. The cost is a bit above $20k. I don’t see merit aid but perhaps there is or you can live off campus.
Neither of these three charge out of state tuition.
Ok, so in my mind it makes sense why you are feeling stuck. That’s a huge number and your past experience from the last few weeks has led you to realize that applying to 50 more colleges that aren’t going to meet your financial need is too stressful to do.
The good news is that there is a way out. You just need to apply to a few more colleges — not 50 — where you are very likely to get in and which are very very close to meeting your budget. I believe that two of them are minot and university of Mississippi (Ole Miss). @tsbna44 has listed a couple more. The total will be about 5 more, not 50. And then close the door on the US apps and focus on keeping your high school grades up and any non-US colleges that seem possible.
The colleges that won’t meet your financial need aren’t going to work out — and they aren’t going to change their policies for one individual applicant. This happens all the time to US students. It’s just the way the system is, it’s not personal. Save your energy and efforts and focus them where they will do the most good— Minot, Ole Miss, and the ones that @tsbna44 has identified.
If you want to leave your home and country, then you need a workable plan. There are a handful of US colleges where you are very likely to get accepted and that will meet your budget or will be close to doing so. Just concentrate on them (see my previous post) and then focus on what else is in your control — 1) keeping your high school grades up (important. Really. ). 2) applying outside of the US to keep your options open and 3) getting a part-time job which will help you afford your future costs and which will also get you focused and out of your house. Plus it’s a good EC and will also help you get future jobs.
No matter how much I try, I just can’t work.it seems like my brain froze.
I’ll try to restart from today.
Make a list of- who is left. Send it to us. Let us tell you who to prioritize.
It’s not just about the colleges, the recommendation letters that are still in progress. That is my biggest fear right now.
I can’t just sit down, all the thoughts wind me up, I escape to walk. God.
I’ll send the list.
Most of these schools that matter don’t require, really anything. They may not even be on common - the Minot, Delta State, Southern Miss, Texas A&M International, U of Tennessee Southern. Maybe Ole Miss is but that’s about it.
So no LORs are going to be needed.
Get the low hanging fruit done. Sometimes LORs go in late. School’s often understand that part is out of your control.
Knock out the easy and necessary schools - so you have a win.
I don’t know whats wrong with me, I can’t be able to do a single thing since the past 20 days.