Are you giving your child a stun gun/gun/knife to take to college with them?

<p>I gave my wife and daughter 950 lumen tactical hand held flashlights with strobe function. Easy to carry, useful when in the dark and temporarily blinding if shined into eyes of the unsuspecting.</p>

<p>My freshman roommate slept with a hatchet under his pillow. He was a 190 lb. wrestler from Detroit at an engineering school. I never figured out why he thought he needed it.</p>

<p>It never crossed my mind to send a weapon with my kids for protection. I would hate to live in a place I felt one was necessary.</p>

<p>Like ek4, I carry a knife most places. You never know when an apple might need slicing.</p>

<p>DH loved the Swiss Army knife I gave him. Used the corkscrew. And the little screwdriver. </p>

<p>I’ve never carried a knife but I have a bottle opener on the back of my belt buckle (I didn’t realize when I bought it). </p>

<p>It’s come in handy way more than a knife ever would have, plus it makes me my grandpa’s favorite :wink: lol </p>