Some customers want or can afford less then $30k. Some customers prefer smaller cars, even as car companies eliminate them from their model lineups.
At some point we need to revolt - I will not rent the add-ons/accessories. This is getting ridiculous…hopefully I’ll have aged out of driving before this becomes a requirement.
Yes some want small but less and less want sedans. Plus they are less profitable. That’s the real reason so you sedans disappearing - Chevy just cut its last.
If the market revolts, like it has on electric, then the industry will have to figure out what works.
A lot of the electric misfire was caused by government mandates.
Oems know hybrid, not electric, is the more sensible issue. EVs are too expensive. Some OEMs lose $20k plus on each one sold.
But the govt has forced its hand.
That leads to layoffs. Stellantis is very profitable yet in the process of slimming to protect its future.
Sirius is third party. Of course the OEM was paid by them for you to have the free trial and paid each month that you pay. I love satellite. And Spotify. I pay for the latter. In my case I swap cars so often I always have Sirius. But I’d pay if I needed to. It pays a ton for programming tho - it will have to raise subscriptions to stay relevant. The stock price is sub $3. Howard Stern keeps them relevant but is in part, while they also aren’t in the toilet financially, maybe one day won’t be with us if they can’t find a way to beat streaming or whatever’s next. Their model is crushed by streaming although I love it - the 70s and 80s countdowns - I get Casey Kasen and the MTV VJs of my youth.
That trial was noted on your monroney label.
The heated seat subscription wasn’t (I don’t believe)…
Here’s what the future potentially looks like - as the cars become rolling computers.
The biggest company by market cap in the world - Nvidia - cars a big part of its future. Apple too - hence they’re trying to figure out how to develop their own. Eventually they’ll just buy an existing OEM. On a P/E basis, your mainline autos are dirt cheap. But buying one might kill a tech companies P/E ratio.
I used to like Sirius but hate it now. There are so few good stations and all the others play is the same old crap. We dropped. I’d much rather listen to my local radio stations or my own music.
This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.