Armed militia, Bundy brothers take over federal Wildlife Refuge building in Oregon

Did you read the part where one of these airheaded rabble at Malheur said that before the advent of white people in America, nothing prevented cattle from grazing on these lands?

That’s right, you ignoramuses. Nothing kept the cattle away. Nothing at all. Except the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, since there were no cattle in the Americas before white settlers brought them.

Remember the rallies by Tea Partiers and fellow travelers yelling “Get government out of my Social Security/Medicare”?

Even Ayn Rand, one of the ideological idols of many in these right-leaning “no government in my life” type movements, was found to have been relying on government assistance towards the twilight years of her life:

http://www.alternet.org/story/149721/ayn_rand_railed_against_government_benefits%2C_but_grabbed_social_security_and_medicare_when_she_needed_them

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/8/16/1121029/-If-Ayn-Needed-Medicare-How-Can-We-Do-Without

Might be unrelated, but I just can’t help but notice that certain posters are absent from this thread. What, no lengthy posts about how entitled these mobsters are and how this is due to a) The current president b) Reverse racism (you’d be surprised how often this is worked in conversations) c) The ‘thugs’ inability to assimilate (certain cases only) d)Political correctness. Btw, what happened to cutting off the power and making living conditions unbearable to force them out? Did the police figure it was too harsh on the white - I mean ‘patriotic’ - insurgents? I understand not wanting to be rash, but allowing them to come and go without arresting them is ridiculous. Why is it so hard to extend the same courtesies to black men, who get killed for far, far less? Sorry for derailing the thread, but I’m just so frustrated at the injustice of it.

That cohort prefers to hang out in the “some video activist got some Yale students to protest the first amendment” or the “whiny entitled kids want famous slaveholder’s name off the elite university building” threads. To be fair, that group of posters is probably really tired, they started so many of those over the past few months.

Is it possible that those law enforces responsible for overseeing this are sort of just letting them dig their own grave? The longer they stay there (within certain limits - maybe a month or two), the more they will have to charge them with and the longer they can put them away? Is it just possible that there’s a method to their madness in how they’re handling it? I have to keep thinking the answer is yes because nothing else makes any sense.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/militant-says-foster-children-were-pulled-from-his-home-lavoy-finicum-burns-oregon/

Well, if children can’t be placed with same sex couples because they are a bad influence I don’t see how you could keep foster kids in the home of gun wielding terrorists or garden variety yahoos locked in a self proclaimed suicidal stand-off. Of course he will probably set up a Go Fund Me and people will send them money.

Why doesn’t Anonymous do something useful with these people?

Here’s something fun - a pair of Oregon brothers has set up a site that will fund 4 different liberal groups, giving them more money for each day that the occupation lasts. People pledge a certain $ amount per day. The groups are the local Paiute tribe, the friends of the wildlife refuge, a gun control advocacy group, and the Southern Poverty Law Center (which tracks militia members, among others).

http://www.gohomemalheur.org

I pledged!

I really, really want to pledge but I can’t afford a few hundred dollars… and even at a dollar a day, I think that might happen :confused:

Some possibilities:

  1. These groups may not have enough computers or be perceived by anonymous to have the intellectual capacity to use computers to the point they pose enough of a cracking challenge to bother.
  2. Anonymous don't feel it's worth the bother considering others are already doing IRL ■■■■■■■■/hacking by doing things like sending them dildoes and lube....
  3. Anonymous may feel the militia folks in Oregon are doing a great job of making themselves look ridiculous in the eyes of the world.

^^They can at least redirect all of Bundy’s browsers to gay porn sites.

^^ Lol Seconded :))

The county has spoken. Will the idiots with guns listen?

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/oregon_standoff_anger_frustrat.html

I can’t even…

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/oregon-militants-use-traditional-jewish-horns-as-christian-battle-trumpets-in-insanely-weird-performance/

Don’t give up your day job, dudes.

As we all know, the land being occupied is the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Still, it came as a surprise to me a couple days ago, as I was crossing eastern Oregon while driving between my home in Park City, Utah and another property we own in Washington, that I crossed the MALHEUR RIVER!

I’d never noticed this minor river before and now I’m tempted to drive to the site of the dirty deed (I’ll be returning in a few days and it wouldn’t be too far out of the way) and give the outlaws a friendly visit. I’d probably be fairly well received, as I’m a middle aged white guy and I’ll be driving a 4WD vehicle with Utah plates. I imagine the Feds will be more distrustful of me than the rebels.

Thoughts?

Ammon Bundy and two of his henchmen were sitting right in that gym. WHY WERE THEY NOT ARRESTED AND TAKEN AWAY?

@Sherpa "Thoughts? "

You’d probably end up the ONLY one of the militants to be locked up. I wouldn’t risk it. Or you’d mysteriously end up on the no fly list as a domestic terrorist based on running your license plate. Or taken out by a fed up local. I feel this situation is being completely mishandled and I personally would not want to be any where near this cluster. I fear Homeland Security is too overwhelmed with other terrorists to dedicate any manpower to these whack doodles.

@Cardinal Fang You’d think they’d arrest the individuals as they left the compound. There were several others who went shopping last week. If they’d get a few at a time soon there would be no one left. .

Yeah, no possible upside to visiting those guys.