Article on churches that perform "exorcisms" on gay kids

<p>It is not just at home those kids cannot find acceptance. There are not enough places that will accept them. For all of the big talk of charity, forgiveness, acceptance, most churches are very light on walking the walk except in singular exceptions. </p>

<p>As mentioned before, some of these churches exorcise everyone for just about everything. It is the way they operate from baptisms to funeral and all services in between.</p>

<p>Donna, Thanks for posting this. As others have said, a good reminder that the place we live isn't always the same one we imagine. And that we still have so much to do and a long way to go. Sad and sobering. So from a lapsed and religiously disenfranchised mom, here's a different "prayer": that the young men and women made to undergo these traumatic "cures" will find their way to acceptance and love and pride in who they are just AS they are and not be subjected to the shame and small-mindedness and closed hearts of those who wish to cure them.</p>

<p>I'm not a parent...but it gives me a lot of hope that situations like this will improve. I'm bisexual in a relatively conservative family and my parents were (thankfully) somewhat accepting.</p>