<p>class2011, you are right on!</p>
<p>oh - and by the way, you’ve obviously never been to a frat party either when you said “I guess” - so you are able to observe these parties from the confines of your south campus utopia? As far as no alcohol where it is not legal, how do you think that will hold up in Granville, which is now a part of university housing. Why don’t you get all your facts before you are the judge and jury - and hey, maybe loosen up and go to a frat party - if they let you in the door! LOL</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>This is when we need eadad to come and play the role of the voice of reason.</p>
<p>Actually, I know second hand, a co-worker of my parent had a son that got really messed up at a UNC frat party, I mean really messed up, a LOT of consequences happened. Because. hopefully If all ends well, I will be at UNC next year, but I have had several cousins attend, one graduated this past year.
And when has Granville become univ. housing? But from what you are saying, I am inferring that you are considering Granville as one of the least-partying dorms, when it was far from it. Alcohol is not illegal, its just if your underage and caught, your messed up. Everyone has said if you stay at Granville, most of the time you are planning to pledge. Even at Project Uplift, our advisors (who had just completed their freshman year) said that all parties were crazy (not hardcore in the sense), especially the frat ones though. Like I said even though I don’t have a first hand experience, I don’t understand why you said “if they let you in the door”, I didn’t know the parties were that tight. Well for the non-min. frats I guess.</p>
<p>carolinamom11 - I think you are right on! I see these two on here saying stuff like it is the gossip for everyone else. I believe they do not get out very much, which is fine for them. My daughter lived at Granville, on-campus, and off-campus. The partying was pretty much the same at all of them, but I would say less partying at Granville…she stayed in the East Tower. I really think that it is crazy to call Granville isolated when there are probably 800 to 900 students living there and you meet others in class plus other activities on campus. My daughter loved staying in Granville for the location to campus and Franklin Street…it is the ideal location. I bet these two have never lived in Granville but just like to judge something they know nothing about personally. I believe my daughter would be the better judge since she has lived at Granville, on-campus and off-campus…there are advantages and disadvantages to all of them.</p>
<p>Yall keep saying we don’t know personally, but you keep referring to what your kids are saying. The campus stuff is from actual students, but I don’t know anyone personally that has actually lived in Granville. But I will say most people connect it with Frat Court, but that part is just gossip or w/e</p>
<p>& I’m not saying south, mid, north or granvile or off-campus Is better than one another, I just totally disagreed with the statement that everything is available everywhere.</p>
<p>Just pointing it out again, but why are parents mocking students for having no social life? People have different perceptions of dorms and living on campus, get over it. Don’t act like a high school kid, and make comments like
and
</p>
<p>I don’t think it is asking much to have parents behave like adults. If you want to disagree with students’ views, fine, but do it in a way that shows you are acting like the 40 or 50-something that you are, instead of like a 16 year old kld.</p>
<p>theclassof2011 - you are not even out of high school yet, you have so much to learn…first don’t believe everything you hear. Yes most parties at the frat houses are hard to get in but probably not for girls I guess. Yes Granville Towers is part of university housing now, it was purchased by UNC…it says it can house up to 1,500 students. When my daughter stayed there, she knew about five or six other people from her high school who stayed at Granville and none of them pledged.</p>
<p>@TonyBallioni</p>
<p>Agreed. Considering they are hearing what their students say
and as for student-student (prospective student in my case)
We kind of get an understanding of the deal.</p>
<p>& this is off-topic, but can someone explain the diff bw ED & EA?</p>
<p>@alcook4u
Well from what I heard when I went at PU, I am assuming it was about black greek life (from what I hear, again) is on a different landscape that frat court.</p>
<p>^I’ll private message you.</p>
<p>theclassof2011 - I have never heard of black greek life and on a different landscape…not sure about that. I have not been trying to talk down to you, but a lot of parents get on here and their kids have already signed leases at Granville…I just don’t want them to worry because there is really no reason to worry about their decision on Granville. These parents are going to be stressed out about their kids leaving anyway and I don’t want them to worry unnecessary.</p>
<p>@carolinamom11
Of course, anyone can do what they want to anywhere.
That’s self-explanatory. </p>
<p>The fact still remains that everywhere on campus is not equal.
That’s just the same as saying you’d do drugs in your own room than rather in a public bathroom.</p>
<p>@carolinamom11</p>
<p>Well actually I did get a chance to spend two nights at Alexander for PU, j/s
And like I have had family members to attend unc, one just graduating this past year.
And thanks, I do hope I have the opportunity to attend this fine university :)</p>
<p>WOW. Wow.</p>
<p>I am a senior at UNC. I have lived on campus for the past three years. I think I am qualified to discuss the dorms and the school in general. How this is “gossip” I have no idea. I have never lived in Granville but I am friends with people who have (and could give you their names, imagine that!). It is not for everyone, but some people love it and good for them! You can’t deny that it is out of the way from the other dorms and a different social scene/living environment than South Campus.</p>
<p>class2011, don’t worry about it. I’m sure you will come to UNC and blow everybody out of the water. This kind of stuff always turns up on the forum at some point.</p>
<p>@jambaby</p>
<p>Thanks very much! Hopefully I will.</p>
<p>Geez, what is this big deal about partying?! There are going to be parties. Duh. UNC is a college. Duh. However, it’s totally up to the individual student to decide whether he or she wants to partake in party activities. DUH!</p>
<p>I’m living in Granville, am an honors student majoring in Biology, and plan on attending medical school after I complete my undergraduate stuff. Though I am living in Granville, I certainly don’t think I’m better than any “south campus” person–I could have been happy in either place. Obviously, I’m not going to go crazy about partying, no matter WHERE I lived. However, I bet that if I lived on south campus, I could find some parties to attend. And, lo and behold, I’d probably be able to find some in Granville, too. No big deal!</p>