Can you take AP biology without previous Biology knowledge??

<p>I have only taken grade 10 science. Is it possible to do AP Biology?</p>

<p>It depends on your school rules if it's "possible". Not sure if you'd end up doing well though...</p>

<p>So, what was grade 10 science????? bio/chem/physics??? earth/enviro????</p>

<p>It is possible to do AP Biology, but it will be harder w/o a previous bio class. It really depends on your work ethic. Biology is a TON of memorizing and understanding concepts which cover an insanely broad range of topics. If you are up to it, and ready to challenge yourself then go for it.</p>

<p>Also, it greatly depends on the class/teacher. Ask previous students how they felt about the class.</p>

<p>Grade 10 science was like Biology/Earth Science/Chemistry/a little of physics (almost none really). It was really broad.</p>

<p>We didn't even cover moles until grade 11. we didn't do basic kinematics until grade 11.</p>

<p>should be no problem</p>

<p>Depends on how willing you are to work.</p>

<p>I took AP Bio in 11th grade after 2 years of not doing any bio-related work. I got a 5. You should be OK taking it. Actually, if you are that worried, read the princeton review book for AP Bio before you get into the class. That should do the trick.</p>

<p>My school started more than a month ago and I am currently in AP Biology. I have never taken a biology class before (9th General science, 10th Chemistry, 11th Physics). I have had to study more than others simply because everything was new to me, even the basics. It is possible, but it will take more time to understand all of the concepts. Our class just took the first Unit test Wednesday and I scored the highest -- I studied for 5 hours, though.</p>

<p>If you study you will be fine</p>

<p>I dont know
from what i have seen so far, AP Bio has a 80% from regular first year biology (at my school at least). You should be fine</p>

<p>You need a decent background in chemistry or the biochemistry section will kill you... Well really basic chemistry properties come up a lot throughout the course, like charges and flow of electrons and such... if you were good at "10th grade science" then I imagine you'll be fine.</p>

<p>Roflmao. You don't need previous chemistry/anything.
I self-studied AP bio in 9th grade with no previous bio/chem/etc. experienced and easily got a 5.
Read cliffs/campbells.</p>

<p>I am taking AP Chemistry as well, I guess that helps..?</p>

<p>Yes, you can. I did, and got a 5. Just work at it.</p>

<p>AP Bio is a lot different than regular Bio and it's probably more important to have taken Chem or be concurrently enrolled... as long as you're a strong student and willing to work hard you should be fine</p>

<p>If you're taking AP chem, then AP bio should be no problem.</p>

<p>At our school, you either do (Honors) Physical Sciences - Regular Bio - (Honors) Chem/Biotech - (Honors) Physics/Chem
or (Honors) Physical Sciences - (Honors) Chemistry - AP Bio - (Honors) Physics (occaisionally swapping Bio and physics)
But AP bio meets every day, which is why I'm glad I elected to take only regular Bio.</p>