Demographics: white, northern NJ, public school
Rank: top 10% (I’m actually 1/95 but our school only officially reports deciles)
Stats: 1560 SAT, GPA > 100 (weighted, 100-pt scale)
Intended Major: Cell Bio, Pre-Med Path
APs: 4 currently (school doesn’t allow before junior year): bio, lang, apush, comp sci principles; taking 5 next year: chem, stat, calc bc, lit, french
- remote medical research internship, hopefully published by summer
- physician shadowing, starting after covid-19 winds down
- deca chapter executive
- future problem solvers
- hospital volunteer, 70+ hours
Hopefully I can add NJ governor’s school to the list when decisions are sent out in 2 weeks.
- DECA state instructional award (x3)
- principal’s honor roll, all years of HS
- school renaissance award, all years of HS
Schools: Harvard, Princeton, UPenn, Duke, Hopkins, UVA, Northeastern, UMich, Boston Uni, UMaryland
I plan to take math II and bio subject tests in July. I really don’t feel like I stand out enough for top schools, and I know they’re a crapshoot either way, but I’d just like to know if I could have some sort of chance at all. Thanks so much!