Chance Me for Dartmouth ED and overall Ivies: 3.77 UW GPA with high rigor from AP and Cambridge program, 1550 SAT

This is the only thing that jumped out at me in your posts. College is a time for you to learn independence, and to do the things you need to do without parent support.

Also, Dartmouth is an excellent college. But you can take the required courses for medical school applicants at just about any four year college in this country. I’m not sure why you are focusing solely on Ivies and tippy top elite colleges. Getting an undergrad degree from these schools is not a guarantee for medical school admission…anywhere.

You have a strong list of ECs. And an excellent SAT score. Many folks applying to these elite schools will be similarly strong. But they might also have 4.0 UW GPAs.

I am not an adcom so I can’t give you the definitive statement…but you have a chance at these colleges.

I do think you need a sure thing for admission that you will be willing to attend, and I don’t see that in your current list.

Please read the thread I’m going to link here. Read the whole thing. This was a tippy top student, NMF, excellent ECs and LOR, and essays. No one expected he would be rejected everywhere he applied his senior year of HS, but that is what happened. He didn’t have a true sure thing on his list either. He did land on his feet after a well crafted gap year, but his senior year in high school was not a happy time. You don’t want this to be you. It does no harm to have a sure thing on your list…just in case. I’ll add…this thread is old…and admissions have only become more competitive!

1 Like