*sorry for the long post I’m a junior moving into senior year next month. ( Class of 2023 )
South Asian ( south Indian ), Bangalore.
Income bracket: I’m poor asf ( < 10000)
EFC : < 1000 ( need at least full tuition )
Type of School : Private , competitive.
- INTENDED MAJORS:
Econ/Business with a double major in International relations/ CS/Politics/Product Design
GPA: 9th - 91(ICSE)
11th- 94 (HSC)
12th- 96 ( predicted )(HSC)
9th and 10th :
English literature , English grammar, Geography , History and Civics, biology , physics , chemistry, Computer science with Java , Kannada( language), Mathematics. ( All subjects are core requirements )
11th and 12th: English (literature and grammar), Kannada( language ) , Business studies , Economics ( Indian economics and statistics for economics in 11th , Marco and Micro economics in 12th ), Accountancy ( managerial and financial ) , Computer Science with C++ and spreadsheets and HTML .
( Again all subjects are core requirements as I’m in the management/commerce stream except computer science )
SAT :Based on practice tests - 1480-1500
- Cultural head of school - Organised 50+ school events and shows. 9th , 10th - present .
- Independent Research paper : Poverty alleviation programs in India - why is it failing ? ( Yet to be published ) .9th , 10th .
- President of Art and Dance clubs in school - 10th
- Photography ( will submit supplements )
- Dance - self taught dancer, know 10 styles and will submit supplements
- Debate - won many inter and intra school debate contests .
- Working on a book - Commentatory on Indian Politics and Elections. 9th to present .
- Dance and Music performances for elders and children at elderly centres and orphanages. 6th - present .
- Human rights activist- spreading awareness of human rights in rural India and motivating youth from rural India to stand up for their rights . 8th - present .
- environmental activism - arranged rallies and organised events in rural India on global warming and how we can play our parts to reduce it .
- Internship? (IDK what you call this) : worked with a local restaurant owner and created a business strategy to gain more customers . Also taught him how to maintain books of accounts (double entry system ).
- Teaching assistant - worked with teachers from government schools and found innovative ways to make the syllabus clear to the students .
- Family responsibilities - personal.
14)Owner of OZ paints - I sell paintings and with the profit buy kids in government schools their school supplies .
15)Accepted to Stanford deliberate centre of democracy ( idk the name ) and rustic pathways -global leaders fellowship for the fall 2022 .
- Badminton - playing badminton since I was 10. Won many school championships . Noting state or national.
- Internship - interning at a local business in the marketing team.
- Starting a podcast on mental health of teenagers .
AWARDS / HONOUR :
- School achiever award - given to the best student every year who had excelled in academics and ECs - 9th grade
- Indian open memory championship 2019 - 15th overall , 5th in junior category out of 600+ students from all over the world , won medals in two disciplines out of 10
- Most likely to change the world award - 10th grade graduation ( so proud of it )
- Best participant and winner in Inter school debate championship - 9th and 10th grade .
Schools I’m planning to apply to -
-DUKE ( yeah it’s impossible )(dream)
Please suggest to me schools I have a good chance at and any possible safeties( although there aren’t any cuz I need aid) .