I’m sorry for what your son’s teacher is facing. But congratulations on your son’s decision. You seemed to have cast about as wide a net as anyone on this site, and logged a lot of miles, literally and metaphorically. We only applied to five programs and I’m still exhausted. Your son’s enrollment at Berklee is a true accomplishment. Job well done.
That is incredibly sad news! I dont know if these teachers really understand the impact they have on kids! I still remember fondly my Spanish teacher from highschool nearly 40 years ago!. I hope your son is able to reach out to his teacher to let him know what a special teacher he is.
Wow, I am not surprised by MSM response because I think they might be struggling. Their Forbes score was not great. But it’s still annoying to wait this long for that response. I am sorry to hear about your son’s teacher. Really great teachers are like family. I hope your son gets a chance to see him. Thanks for sharing your journey here. I helped me to see it as I navigated ours.
USC had offered my DC an 80% tuition exchange. I called to ask them when it would be reconciled with prior FA they said June or July. Goodbye USC.![]()
June/July noooooo SMH! How can someone commit without for sure knowing their numbers. I don’t blame you guys for moving on.
The mailed packet for my son’s second choice finally arrived today. Super weird timing.
I agree with this 100%. We are down to the wire but as a mom I think they did an outstanding job and continue to do so.
Last night I handed over my credit card and we paid the deposit to Berklee. We got to the finish line! Now to move onto the next step lol figuring out how to go from Florida to Boston with at least 2 guitars, an amp, and the rest of the stuff he needs.
Congratulations! Well done on a thorough process. It sounds like a great fit for your kid!
Guitars were pretty easy…..we each “muled” one on the plane….he brought 3. For the amp, we have a local guitar store (not big box) that my son frequents. They ship stuff everywhere all the time. He asked, and they, kindly shipped it to him at school for their cost to ship. They pack it like you would not believe, incredibly safe. Just an idea!
Wanted to provide a heads up for students considering UNT for the fall. Three very prestigious long term professors just announced their retirement today. Lynn Seaton - Jazz Bass, Mark Ford - percussion, and Jeffrey Snider - voice. I know my son was devastated to hear about Lynn Seaton’s retirement, and this is a huge factor in his decision making process.
Wow. That really pulls the rug out from beneath!
By the way, did you get a sizable bump from DePaul? Wishing ours was more significant but oh well!
Only $4000 more per year after the appeal. It was disappointing.
Similar here. 5k. Really thought it would be higher
We got an appeal back from Eastman for 9K. It is still nearly 50K to attend. Not exactly what we asked for. Wondering if we should appeal again??
I think at this point it’s just a game of chicken. Wait until next week and they might get a couple “no’s” freeing up some money (???). At worst you’d still be where you are now.
has your son made a decision on which school?
that’s my thought too, I think we’ve now entered the game of chicken stage of this…..I also think that after May 1st when they don’t have people signing up they may realize they have empty studios and free money and may start throwing money around especially to those that asked. Only problem with that is you will more than likely lose any deposit at the current school you commit to if you do make the switch at that point