Do you believe that there's no market for electric cars?

<p>“I can know that right now. Most of the people I know can, too. I don’t see my wife an I sharing a car anytime soon, which means we’ll always have 2 cars; I commute in one, a predictable distance each day. What are the odds of needing to have both cars drive more than 100 miles in one day? Why would that happen?”</p>

<p>I am sure that this has happened in our family, but the more important thing from a marketing perspective is whether a family thinks that it will happen to them at some point or thinks that they may at some point have a situation where they may have planned poorly - that the person with the electric car for the day has an unexpected need to go more than 50 miles. All it takes to kill a concept is the perception in the market that a “new-fangled” technology will not meet their needs. Unless the economics of buying and operating an electric car are significantly less than a gas car, an electric car will be nothing more than a niche market.</p>