<p>Arghh, mortgage offer has been raised $1000 plus $9000 cash at closing. Have to decide today. :-S </p>
<p>This sounds like a good problem to have, Marilyn. :)</p>
<p>You’re right, Deborah - until we actually went out asking I was afraid we wouldn’t even get serious offers. I researched and contacted all the builders (well, one of them sent an inquiry letter last year). The individual found me through Zillow make-me-move, believe it or not.</p>
<p>Good post, coralbrook. Realtors really do earn their money, and for me all that work just isn’t worth saving 2 or 3%.</p>
<p>You are right on point about pricing. Owners don’t usually have access to detailed comp information, which is critical to pricing the house right. </p>
<p>Marilyn, do you have any detailed info about the mortgage buyers? Are you sure your house will pass appraisal to get their loan? What type of loan? If its VA or FHA your home may not pass their stringent requirements. For example, VA appraisers wont even allow peeling paint or other stuff </p>
<p>The mortgage guy just dropped out; I think he was overextending. Coralbrook, that appraisal was starting to concern me so just as well. We’ve got one firm cash contract offer and a couple of higher offers via email but no contract yet; hopefully we’ll be able to see either or both of those tomorrow and make the call. Are you going to have some spare time if we end up with a fixer upper in your neighborhood? :-h </p>
<p>It all depends on your timing
glad to help</p>
<p>Got another draft contract tonight from a different builder; 3% higher than the other guy. Overall it looks good so we sent it over to the attorney for review. I’ve got my fingers crossed that this will work out. He wants a closing in December so if we can’t move it to an earlier date, I guess we won’t be house hunting until after the holidays. So part of the season here in winter world. :(( I can take it as long as I know it’s the last year. I presume the SD market goes dormant at the end of the year, but also we don’t want to pay holiday airfares.
</p>
<p>Good luck Marilyn! By SD do you mean San Diego? If so, I’m jealous. We used to live there and absolutely loved it! So many wonderful areas, each with that laid back mañana attitude. Sigh…maybe someday.</p>
<p>Yup, San Diego. It is wonderful, isn’t it! We tested it out for a couple of months in 2012 and it seemed to meet our criteria. We’ve literally spent years reviewing and analyzing the country to find our best fit and San Diego won. It’s a fast, expensive, cash preferred market so we are very relieved at how things are going here.</p>
<p>Well, after a mostly sleepless night worrying, we now have a signed draft contract from that higher builder. He thought others in his office were handling things and didn’t realize we didn’t have anything signed. So we will be moving into attorney review. Our realtor in San Diego says we don’t have to wait until the closing to make a bid; this kind of contingency won’t be an issue with sellers. Whew and whew! Now I can enjoy the weekend - we’re going to a wedding in Nashville.</p>
<p>Moving forward. Yay, Marilyn!</p>