Good News! Big Gains in the Stock Market Today

<p>So what’s Greece going to do to the market here, and what’s your strategy - for defence for the simpler minded amongst us, and opportunity for the sharpies?</p>

<p>I’m just watching trendlines but generally staying long with some short-term trading sprinkled in on companies that I like.</p>

<p>“They are essentially the same formula. :-)”</p>

<p>I don’t think what you wrote down takes into account the number of opportunities (#trades). If a system is based on long term averages for example has the same probabilities etc as a system that allows more trades, the one with more trades will make more money with the same probabilities for gains and losses.</p>

<p>I have mentioned in an earlier message, that I prefer swing trades, which are typically daily trades screened over a universe of about 3,300 stocks. There are more trades that I can take at any moment, than have to worry about the number of opportunities available. I ain’t looking for option deals, which don’t have as much liquidity. :-)</p>

<p>StillGreen…are you trading for a living? </p>

<p>Looks like you need to be on top of things to trade that way.</p>

<p>That is the reason I rely more on the computer. “Blinking” too much would over-load my eyelids. :slight_smile: Officially retired before my kids were born. Unofficially still messing around. :-)</p>

<p>:)…</p>

<p>So…do you ever overide your system?</p>

<p>Less and less over time. Because if it were something I can write it down, then it would be done with the computer. If it weren’t something tractable, then there are other trades available. I don’t need to take unnecessary risks…</p>

<p>Ok…then I guess you don’t blink…much…;)</p>

<p>Why competing with a computer that can “blink” at multi-gigahertz? :-)</p>

<p>Lol…</p>

<p>Well…doct…I sold some pepsi puts today…</p>

<p>After reading your posts…I had to sell something. :)</p>