Graduating Penn in 3 years, plausible?

<p>You seem to be missing the point. </p>

<p>First of all, there's no way you can hold a full time summer job while taking two summer courses twice. Unlike semester courses which are 3 or 4 hours a week (not including courses with labs), summer courses are 7-10 hours a week, generally right in the middle of the day. </p>

<p>Second of all, you don't NEED to take summer courses to graduate early. That's my point. A plurality of majors in the College require only 32 courses to graduate. That means that if you have, say, one AP credit, you take the max four courses first semester freshman year, and then if you take five courses per semester three times and six courses per semester twice, you have 32 credits in six semesters. </p>

<p>If you are looking to maximize value, you take more courses during semesters. </p>

<p>What a silly argument, though.</p>

<p>Sorry, I think it is the other way around.</p>

<p>I am proposing taking one summer to do as many courses as you can get away with and reduce one semester. If you can do it without taking summer courses, fine! The other poster said he can work while taking summer course, I did not propose that. I guess, you should read what I said again.</p>

<p>"In other words, it doesn't make financial sense to do four c.u. in a summer with the sole purpose of earlier graduation."</p>

<p>This statement is not quite right IMO. You wrote a lot of stuff, but does not seem to have a central point. If your central point is that you don't need to go to summer school to graduate in 3 years, then that is fine. But to suggest that it makes no financial sense if you can graduate early is not correct in my view. My central point is that if you can graduate early, you will pay less and make a lot of money sooner. And I am emphasizing the later part which is finishing sooner however you can including summer school so that you can go and work sooner. If you can do 6 courses per semester and manage to not fail anything and not burn out during the process then that would be most economical. But for others, summer courses would give them a more reasonable pace to get through in 3 years. Payment for summer courses is not a wash against regular fall/summer tuition when you can make 3-4 times more if you find a good job after graduation during that 4th year.</p>