Have you ever felt that an URM classmate stole a spot from you in a club, society, no

<p>@NearL</p>

<p>I’m not really sure how any of your response had anything to do with my post. I was merely stating that we don’t owe the descendants of slaves anything for the mistakes of our (and not even all of our) ancestors. I’m sorry that somehow that got misconstrued to be me hating on rich black kids at Harvard, a school to which I did not even apply or look at. If there was any hate in my post, it was directed at the system, not the beneficiaries.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Since the two parties mentioned here are one in the same, I am not sure what you are talking about.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Sorry, the word I was looking for was ‘beneficents.’</p>

<p>there’s a whole lot of inference happening in #79…</p>

<p>Uh yeah I agree with this person:</p>

<p>“I’m not really sure how any of your response had anything to do with my post. I was merely stating that we don’t owe the descendants of slaves anything for the mistakes of our (and not even all of our) ancestors.”</p>

<p>Who ever said on CC that White people owed us anything?</p>

<p>“Who ever said on CC that White people owed us anything?”</p>

<p>No one. They just assume.</p>

<p>You have telepathy?</p>

<p>Yes.</p>

<p>God everyone here is so serious and nitpicky.</p>

<p>Considering both my roommate and I are URMs, no I do not feel that way. </p>

<p>Btw, both of us are in the upper 5% of admissions, so I promise I didn’t take my spot away from some else. </p>

<p>Oh, and because I didn’t list an ethnicity on my application. That could also be why my ethnicity didn’t play any part of any admissions. And no, my name does NOT give me away.</p>

<p>And since I never list my ethnicity on ANYTHING, I have not stolen a spot because of race. </p>

<p>You know, we’re not all freeloaders like you (OP) seem to think we are.</p>

<p>“God forbid a minority buy the last perfect backpack.”
■■■■■, win.</p>

<p>I feel like its not right to judge- especially since you don’t specially know that person.</p>

<p>Romanigypsyeys: you got exactly my point. One should be considered by his/her credentials, not by ethnic background.</p>

<p>Yes, but you are implying that we judge someone solely because they are a URM. How do you know the credentials of any given URM? It is a gross generalization and is the reason that many URMs face discrimination… because of people like YOU who are convinced they got screwed over by URMs.</p>

<p>You know what always ****ed me off? How come you hear of URMs stealing someone’s spot but not a legacy stealing someone’s spot?</p>

<p>"You know what always ****ed me off? How come you hear of URMs stealing someone’s spot but not a legacy stealing someone’s spot? "</p>

<p>I wonder if everyone knows about the concepts of legacies. It DOES **** me off but I don’t know if they’re given quite as much of a hook, but I don’t know much about it.</p>