Hormone Replacement Therapy

Dr. Mary Claire Haver (in link) shares a lot of interesting info. Also Dr. Vonda Wright (on keeping bones strong during/after menopause).

2 Likes

I agree! I’ve also been following Dr. Kelly Casperson, who is a board certified urologist and presents a lot of useful information. She does a great job of trying to empower women to get the care they need, especially when they have been given bad advice or uninformed opinions from their physicians (like I did).

2 Likes

I just got a letter from the VA asking if I wanted to participate in a study. Reading about it, I do. They said that around 1/3 of people who were deployed to Desert Shield/Desert Storm developed Gulf War illness, and I could be one of them. This would involve taking growth hormone injections for six months, which are crazy expensive if you had to pay for them.

I looked at what it takes to qualify, a long list, and think I qualified except for one small thing. I’d have to stop taking estrogen and progesterone. Uhh…. nope!

6 Likes