House for Sale, Staging or not Staging

:slight_smile:

Are you in it?

No.

Great! It is high risk to spend $1.7 ish to make 500K :slight_smile:

Willow Glen is a very old, close knit neighborhood in San Jose favored by longtime SJ “old-moneyed” but not too over-the-top residents. It is a very desirable and charming neighborhood with a certain snob factor and I think the house will sell.

Yes, I think so and fingers crossed. There are 5 new homes on MLS, one is priced much less than this one has a DOM of 50. Its not going to be easy and that $120/day furniture rental is going to cut in the profit soon…:slight_smile:

What’s the school district for that house?

Willow Glen, I guess, Rank 850…

However, checking the records there was a NEW house on Nevada St of similar size sold a little bit less than the asking price of this one. Apparently, a LOT of new houses are being built in that are, after taking down the old ones…

The house my daughter bid on is back on the market. The deal must have fallen through.

This is what I don’t understand. My daughter bid more than the place is worth.

Why didn’t the seller’s agent call my daughter’s agent when the deal fell thru?

Why did the deal fall thru? What is wrong with the house?

Why did the seller refuse to sign the arbitration clause?

This is a hot market. Why wasn’t there another satisfactory bid on the house?

Oh, that is rich. Somehow not surprising.

It could just be that the seller got irrationally stubborn about something, anything, or the seller’s agent got stupid again and made premature promises that didn’t pan out.

Maybe the buyer wanted them to fix a patch of paint like artsloversplus buyer?

ETA - they are stupid and unprofessional to not contact your D.

IIF the owner is an older woman in a nursing home or assisted living, maybe there are children telling her what to do, and they are making bad decisions. If the owner is not willing to budge on the arbitration thing and that was a deal-breaker for dstark’s dau, it isn’t too surprising they didn’t reach back out, since they would assume they’d be at the same stalemate.

My wife, who is a real estate broker who doesn’t work in residential real estate, for what that’s worth, thinks the house isn’t back on the market.

She thinks the seller is looking for back up offers or, there is just a mistake and the house isn’t really back on the market.

Could be a web site error.

She thinks the broker can’t be so stupid to not have called my daughter’s agent.

We will see.

MLS has strict rules that the house cannot be back on market unless there is a release on the previous contract. There is a category called “Pending Show” vs “Pending” the difference is that in the first category a buyer still can go look at the house and make a backup offer.

Zillow has the house back on the market. That is probably wrong.

Zillow should have the same indicator as Mls, call your realtor.

Also a decision NOT to sign the arbitration clause cannot be made by the listing Realtor. The seller is making that decision. Maybe the seller do not have a clear head or she is receiving bad advise from the family.

The realtor could also be advising her against the arbitration clause for some reason. Or he isn’t trying very hard to dissuade her.

Technically a realtor should advise the seller to consult a lawyer on the arbitration issue. The Realtor cannot advise on legal issues.

Redfin and estately have the house as sales pending. Trulia doesn’t have the house for sale.

I kind of remembering zillow having some issues when I bought my place.

So…nevermind. :slight_smile:

Closed my mom’s condo today, selling price: $1,228,888

After closing I told the new owner that Comcast cable from the street to the condo is broken, they can only use ATT… :slight_smile: