You definitely need an expiration date on your offer.
Have had a seller contact us after they had rejected our prior offer. They begged us to submit any bid but we had moved on and were no longer interested in that house or street. We were glad to have an expiration date on our offer.
There is an expiration date on the offer.
True, but if the buyer really don’t want to complete the offer, in the contract, there are plenty ways to get out. For example, appraisal, loan, inspection contingencies etc. It is easy to get out before the actual contract started.
My daughter has very few contingencies. No appraisal. No loan contingencies. Quick inspection contingencies.
The offer is very clean.
We got the house we live in because we made a very clean offer as well at list price. H loved it and I did as well. The owners were divorcing and the H occupant didn’t want to sell, which was why our realtor urged us to offer list.
Yes.
I wish my daughter could make an offer at list price but that is not going to fly. Similar to artloversplus. Not going to fly for him either.
My offer was presented to seller by my agent prior to an inspection or open house after the place was first listed. We just drove by and looked at the outside (had previously been in escrow on a house down the street that fell thru).
We were glad that he was ok with list price and so few contingencies. The contract was signed via fax–ex-W of seller in TX, ex-H seller at another part of the island and us.
Some of the other houses in nearby neighborhoods were purposely listed below market to get interest and a bidding war. We had no interest in a bidding war–wanted to pay a fair price and be done.
Himom, my daughter’s situation is very similar to yours, Very similar. She has to go above list or is never going to get the house. The house is listed below market.
The listing below msrket to drive bids makes me wonder how many real bids really exist. I heard of a nearby property that was priced below the market. There were 12 bids. I know the winning was above the list price. I don’t know how many other bids were above the list price. Maybe most of the bids were low ball bids. Don’t know.
I would have a short expiration, dstark. You don’t want the seller to wait around and compare bids; you want the seller to have to decide NOW.
Yes. I agree.
@artloversplus: How did your bidding weekend go? IIRC, all offers were due by the end of yesterday. Did you get what you wanted?
VH Today is Tuesday… :)) ALL DAY 
Oh. I thought the deadline was yesterday.
I’ll just post the same question tomorrow morning then. 
Well, am at the office
I am getting offers beyond the 200k over list price already and the deadline is near. We will wait two more hours beyond the deadline
Congratulations! Nice job, artloversplus.
Congratulations, artloversplus. I can only dream of such a market. Upper bracket sales are stagnant where we live and some houses have lingered for over two years, despite significant price reductions. It’s truly nice to read about a seller getting a quick sale at their desired price.
I know most of you don’t have this kind of market and have doubts on my judgement or claims. But remember, I am in the market buying and selling on a daily basis, that is my job. As a professional, I know the price and my judgement is pretty accurate.
No doubts here, just a small tinge of jealousy!
We understand. 