How many of you rejected Harvard for the class of 2009

<p>It would have been fun going river rafting with you and just<em>forget</em>me. Your Harvard class is full of amazing kids. I am very jealous of what class Harvard has put together. I know about 30 kids (no joke either) who are going to Harvard next year and I am sure you all will have an amazing next four years.</p>

<p>The feeling is mutual. When I was making my decision, although it was stressful, I had confidence in the fact that either opportunity was an amazing one and either choice would be a great one. Say hi to all the Robertsons in August; I know you all will enjoy the hell out of your experience.</p>

<p>My son said no to Harvard in favor of Oxford. </p>

<p>He liked the interdisciplinary program he applied to, the tutorial system, the adventure of studying abroad, opportunities for working abroad, formal dinners, intellectual atmosphere, amazing opportunities for research, etc. However, he does not drink, and I do believe the pub experience just won’t be the same drinking a Sprite.</p>

<p>I’ve managed to survive in Britain sober most Friday nights (I’m normally the driver)…you pretty much enjoy yourself as much as you would if you were drinking, plus you get the added benefit of not spending all your money…</p>

<p>I’m faced with the opposite…I do drink, and I’m moving to the US…</p>

<p>I considered applying to Oxford, but at the advice of my parents and counselors, I decided that it would be better to shoot for a good school within the US and possibly pursue grad studies abroad. Yulsie, if you don’t mind me asking, for what programme was your son accepted?</p>

<p>

While I agree that Ohio > Michigan, I must say that UM >>> OSU. I can’t stand OSU, and I don’t like football. Now, The Game, I’m looking forward to (am very excited about seeing you Harvard kids get pranked by my schoolmates ;)), but nothing around here.</p>

<p>I was one of 3 people from my small public high school who was admitted to the class of '06. As far as anyone knew, we were the 1st 3 to be admitted in the school’s 60+ yr. history. I was the only one who ended up matriculating…one went to Brown, and another to MIT. So it does happen, people not picking Harvard, although I don’t think it happens very often. Both of these other people picked the others over Harvard because they liked the school better, not because of financial aid, for instance.</p>