How to lose over a billion dollars and become one of the wealthiest men in America..

<p>"Most people have failures in their careers. What about his successes? Goldman Sachs is not a company that picks hacks to run its business. They are pretty good about selecting leaders who make money for the firm. "</p>

<p>Nobody I know cares about past successes - “its what have you done for me lately” in the world of the typical person - this guy has had enough failures that he should never have run this company.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Corzine is going to jail.</p>

<p>Bad time to be using your clearing funds that way. Egad. The lawlessness is astonishing!</p>

<p>Seems like a good place for this question…</p>

<p>With the other banks that failed or were about to go under and were saved by the government, did anyone do anything illegal? or was is just immoral and greedy? I keep hearing that our economy is in ruin and no one went to jail, but I never hear what illegal acts were committed. Honest question, no political intent!</p>

<p>Goldman and Morgan, at least, have been fined millions for misleading costumers. But, the punishments should have been worse, imho.</p>

<p>However Goldman isn’t making money, these days, and I suspect this may have to do with a lack of trust on the part of their customers, which is also a form of punishment for them. </p>

<p>The guys from countrywide, who BofA was forced to buy, have been heavily fined. Imho, THEY are the ones who should be in prison. Go to ground zero for bad loans, and it’s countrywide.</p>

<p>But, what Corzine did, is anathema. There’s no gray area in comingling clearing money with trading funds. It’s the worst thing a clearing firm can do.</p>

<p>Is Corzine going to jail?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Most of Goldman’s customers are extremely sophisticated businesses who are obligated to do due diligence independently of any “misleading” actions by Goldman. Saying Goldman mislead customers as a business practice is simply hog wash.</p>

<p>“Saying Goldman mislead customers as a business practice is simply hog wash.”</p>

<p>Razorsharp…your post is bs…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I doubt it. He may have been one more disgusting democrat, but I a crook is not what I would expect of him. On the other hand, extreme situations can make even honest people do extreme things.</p>

<p><a href=“https://news.fidelity.com/news/news.jhtml?articleid=201106091114RTRSNEWSCOMBINED_N09129235_1&IMG=N&cat=default&ccsource=rss-default[/url]”>https://news.fidelity.com/news/news.jhtml?articleid=201106091114RTRSNEWSCOMBINED_N09129235_1&IMG=N&cat=default&ccsource=rss-default&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>and this:</p>

<p><a href=“404 | ZeroHedge”>http://www.zerohedge.com/news/citi-joins-goldman-and-jpmorgan-settling-fraudulent-and-misleading-cdo-practices-wristslap-cost&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>sorry to rain on your parade of hating anyone who is successful and generalizing to everyone else. You are deep in the bs, dstark, not me. I will wait to see whether there is criminal behavior before alleging it. Last time I checked, greed is not unlawful – it is what makes corporations produce quality products and makes people work hard and gives us the standard of living we have (for now).</p>

<p>lol…even when these guys commit crimes…you have your head up their …</p>

<p>I have a few friends like you…but I don’t get them and i don’t get your nonsense…</p>

<p>So…if I steal stuff…or commit fraud…I am only a crook if I get caught, tried, and convicted?</p>

<p>Interesting…</p>

<p>I guess Madoff wasn’t a crook until he got caught…and lost in court.</p>

<p>I happen to know many in the options business. </p>

<p>Corzine’s behavior has effected many who cleared through them. Many traders cannot even hedge their positions right now. cuz they can’t get thier money out to move to another clearing house.</p>

<p>Successful hard working people. RS.</p>

<p>The firm I work with has money with MF Global…we can’t get it out…but we did get most of it out earlier…so we are fine…</p>

<p>Maybe I should stick my head up the people at MF Globals’s @@@@@ for giving us back most of our money.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Oh your right dstark. Now that I pulled my head out of my —, I can see how smart you are. You sure where right about those duke lacrosse boys being rapists. After all the media said the allegations were true and they were rich and white and male. Yep you were right about DSK. The media said he was a rapist and that had to be true because he was rich and white and french. You are obviously ahead of the pack on Corzine who is rich and white. I don’t think the media has convicted him yet, but it looks like they will do so soon as you wish. </p>

<p>I don’t know if Corzine engaged in illegal conduct and would not attempt to defame a person until I had more facts about what Corzine knew. If mf global commingled customer accounts it does not necessarily mean Corzine knew about it. If he did, he might be a crook. If he didn’t, he is not a crook.</p>

<p>This thread is about to go on life support…over/under is 40 posts. ;)</p>

<p>razorsharp, I never commented on any of these people you mentioned…look it up…</p>

<p>Nice strawman though…</p>

<p>But I do work in the financial industry and there are an incredible amount of scumbags in this industry…and crooks too…and some don’t get caught…</p>

<p>And where did I say Corzine is a crook?</p>

<p>So far…the guy doesn’t understand risk…</p>

<p>We will see if he is a crook…</p>

<p>Do I think GS committed crimes?</p>

<p>Yes…</p>

<p>I think the company committed fraud when they misrepresented the cdos…</p>

<p>I think GS lied to congress when they testified before Levin’s committee…</p>

<p>They were not market makers of that crappy cdo. Since I was a market maker…I know GS was full of crap when they said they were. When were you a market maker?</p>

<p>since it doesnt even mention college, I"m under 50.</p>

<p>40 is too low.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>If you want to know why CEOs are entitled to gigantic pay packages, the above statement shows it. How many people work for MF Global? How many of them engaged in illegal behavior? We do not know at this point, but everyone is willing to blame the CEO and assume he is a crook and should go to prison. We do not know who engaged in illegal behavior. Losing money is not a crime. Filing for bankruptcy is not a crime. Nevertheless, people are willing to send corzine to prison for years. Here is my suggestion. How about if we wait until the investigation is completed before putting people in prison?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Oh, no I certainly didn’t accuse dstark of any crime. I just asked a simple question. But I really want to know, is dstark going to jail? Let’s discuss it. He works in the financial industry after all and is associated with scumbags and crooks as he has admitted. So is dstark doing to jail?</p>

<p>ok…</p>

<p>Good luck…come and get me. ;)</p>