There are 2 kinds of posts many students find helpful:
Chance Me: Get feedback on your chances of being accepted to specific schools.
Match Me: Get suggestions for schools that match your profile and interests.
First of all, create a CC account so you can post. Secondly, in order to maximize your chance of someone taking a look at your stats and giving feedback, you’ll need to do a few things:
Include a few details about you in the title:
Transfer student from Boston aiming for UCs and ASU
- If you want chances on specific schools, use the
- If you want others to suggest schools to you, use the
When you click “+ New Thread”, your post will include a template that you can follow to include the most relevant information. That template includes:
- Demographics (location, residency, HS type, legacy, US or Int’l, gender, etc)
- Intended Major(s)
- UW GPA, Rank, and Test Scores (also weighted GPA for systems like UC/CSU)
- Coursework (college coursework for transfer applicants)
- Extracurriculars (incl. summer activities, competitions, volunteering, and work experience)
- Cost Constraints / Budget
- Schools including Safety, Match, Reach (include ED/EA when applicable)
Do not ignore this template! You’ll get the best feedback if you include all of these details.
- No names, school names, clubs, detailed locations, or anything that could be used to identify you and is not critical to the areas listed above.
You’ll get some great feedback (and probably some feedback you may not like). In either case, take it with a grain of salt. Match me will be especially helpful, because the responder probably has experience with the school. YMMV on Chance Me results.
Your Chance Me post has 90 days to gather feedback before it is automatically closed. Until then, posts will be automatically bumped so they get more visibility. You can request your post be open for more time if necessary.