I just read about the 2017 Harvard meme related rescinds. I light of such a turn of events, would

Even if Admissions did a “post-mortem,” I seriously doubt they would find something they “missed.” To be admitted to Harvard a student must have it all – meaning that top test scores and grades are the minimum threshold. A student’s essays must be well written, demonstrate maturity, good judgement and like-ability. In addition, teacher and GC recommendations must be exemplary and corroborate the same qualities. And, the interview report must reiterate all the above and not indicate any “red flags.” No matter how smart a person may be, or how wonderful their recommendations, sometimes they do stupid things. To wit: Several years ago, Harvard forced 70 students to withdraw from the school for cheating (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/02/education/harvard-forced-dozens-to-leave-in-cheating-scandal.html). I highly doubt Admissions bothered to do a “post-mortem” then of what they missed. Ditto with last year.