I want to study abroad in Australia but how do I know which university to choose?

<p>I'm double majoring in International Studies and Chinese. I want to go to a university that offers advanced level Chinese (I'll be going into my 3rd year of Chinese when I plan on studying abroad). I also want to go to a university that offers courses that follow an International Studies program requirements. I want to either study for a semester or a year. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions? My university doesn't offer any direct study abroad programs with a university in Australia.</p>

<p>I can help you out.</p>

<p>What is an international studies program requirement?</p>

<p>Anyway pretty much all the big Australian universities offer Chinese and some form of international studies. You'll probably need to consider location, size, student life etc etc.</p>

<p>Have a look at Australian National University, they've got a very good Asian languages program.</p>

<p>Just curious, if you want to study abroad whilst learning Chinese, why wouldn't you go to China?</p>

<p>Thanks. I'll check it out. Well, I only plan on studying abroad in China for summer terms. I have one summer down and another one to go but for the fall/spring I want to study somewhere different.</p>

<p>Check to see how the Australian semesters work with summer semesters in the US. Most Australian students finish exams for semester 1 in late June and resume classes in July (and finish in October/November). </p>

<p>All of the group of eight universities should have good Chinese programs. It might be worth considering where you want to live - ANU has a great asian studies program, but it's in Canberra, which is suited to people who like bushwalking and the outdoors rather than those who prefer cities.</p>