If you were advising a politician facing scandalous accusations?

<p>I just googled Kalinda and I guess he/she is an investigator on The Good Wife (which I don’t watch.)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>There are definitely guys (usually quite a bit older, however) who make deeply offensive or harrassing comments and think they’re okay.</p>

<p>Remember Clayton Williams, who ran for Governor of Texas?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Williams told that joke to reporters! He obviously didn’t think there was a thing wrong with it. Cain may be the same way…behaving in a way that he thinks is perfectly acceptable, when in reality, it’s not.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>You’d think after the first harassment allegation was made his consciousness would have been raised a wee bit…</p>

<p>Back to OP’s point, if a candidate truly doesn’t remember something, the proper answer is some variation on “let me get back to you on that”–and then to do so. If it’s a minor issue, that kind of response will be acceptable to the press. If it’s something as significant as 3 settled claims of sexual harassment, it’s absurd to claim no memory of the facts. So in that case the advice is, don’t lie.</p>

<p>Not looking too good for Cain right now - there’s a fourth woman and she has come forward.</p>

<p>[Chicago</a> Woman Claims Herman Cain Wanted Her to Trade Sex for Job - ABC News](<a href=“Chicago Woman Claims Herman Cain Wanted Her to Trade Sex for Job - ABC News”>Chicago Woman Claims Herman Cain Wanted Her to Trade Sex for Job - ABC News)</p>

<p>If there were indeed four that he did this too, then I would suspect that there are more out there seeing as how this may have been his normal behavior. This is starting to remind me of Tiger Woods (though in Tiger’s case, women apparently threw themselves at him).</p>

<p>I would advise Herman to talk to Bill Clinton. He had rape allegations made against him, and nothing was done (and not much was even said) about that.</p>