If you do become a NMSF, then I would check out this thread, especially the schools listed below. UT-Dallas is one I would give a strong look to. I’ve heard some very good things about their computer science program.
I’m updating this post with a list of schools that offer big merit to NMSF applicants (i.e. students don’t have to attain NMF, just NMSF status) and what the current package is. This list comes courtesy of @AustenNut who complied it for another thread:
Northern Arizona: As a NMSF, you qualify for free tuition (source ).
U. of Maine: As a NMSF, you qualify for free tuition, and if you apply EA, then you may get $ on top of this (source ).
U. of Mississippi: Qualifies for tuition & fees plus a double room in the dorms as a NMSF (source )
U. of Southern Mississippi: Qualifies for tuition and, for freshman year, free room & board as a NMSF (source )
U. of Texas - Dallas: NMSFs qualify for free tuition and entry into the honors college (source )
Washington State: NMSFs qualify for free tuition here (source )
U. of Tulsa: (see more info in comments above)
If anyone is able to give info on the strengths, vibe, specialties etc of the schools above that have not yet been revie…
3 Likes