Major for the CIA

<p>That's just how the government operates, especially for cleared positions.</p>

<p>You can go through the entire process, then not get into the next academy, or they lose their budget or go on a hiring freeze.</p>

<p>Or you can go through the whole process and fail a polygraph (which are a scam).</p>

<p>I think polygraphs are dumb. Do you work in the government? That is what I want to do.</p>

<p>I work as an analyst (crime, security), I prefer to keep my employer confidential, just for my own privacy.</p>

<p>Polygraphs are dumb. I can't tell you how many good applicants are lost every year due to "failed" polygraphs. They are a useful interrogation tool, but they should not be used for employment purposes, and if used, they should be rated differently.</p>

<p>Some applicants have said that after failing a poly for certain agencies they were essentially blackballed from government work.</p>

<p>openly expressing your desire to enter covert operations is not well advised.</p>

<p>I just said I wanted to work in the government; that can be the IRS or the Department of Energy. Just saying.</p>

<p>There is nothing wrong with showing your interest in the CIA, heck - the CIA sends representatives to public career fairs.</p>

<p>However, it's best not to tell people that you've applied, or which job you applied for. Once you get in the process (if you get in the process), then you need to keep your lips sealed.</p>

<p>I went to a DC seminar over the summer for National Security and Counterintelligence and that is where I met many CIA directors and got to talk to them. Also go to go into the Pentagon and meet military officials. Best summer ever.</p>

<p>There are many former CIA agents who teach at some of the universities--my son took two classes with one of them at Indiana University. </p>

<p>If you don't think that they are doing some recruiting on campus for the CIA or foreign intelligence service, then you aren't really thinking through the fact that America's universities have some of the brightest people at them--and that many of those people come from foreign countries.</p>

<p>Hey guys by any chance do you know how much cia pays their interns?I think if found somewhere that FBI pays around 15-20 dollars and hour but whatever i try to find for CIA intern salary i cant seem to find.So does anybody know?</p>

<p>It depends on your academic standing, but if you are a rising senior expect about $18 an hour</p>

<p>I am wondering how strict is the security clearance? If I sold pot in college to friends, was in a punk band, would that disqualify me? I have no arrest record.</p>

<p>only way to find out is to apply and see…</p>

<p>I don’t think it would be an automatic no, but they wouldn’t look favorably on selling illegal drugs. The more time between the act and the clearance process, the better.</p>

<p>there are other message boards out there where you would probably get a better answer.</p>

<p>punk band is not of interest…</p>