Match Me anywhere & Chance me for CA public school [CA resident, 3.6 GPA (3.87 for UC weighted-capped, 1410 SAT, <$50k; public health or cognitive science]

College of Health Science at Purdue.

We panicked and applied too many OOS. Kids seems to be little attached to “prestige” and in her head UIUC and Purdue are more presitgious.

I agree UCSC is great and covers all the bases but she doesnt want to go there and see half of her school. Cost wise Purdue (with its lower tution and lower cost of living) is not too bad compared to UCSC( Cost of living goes up after 1st year due to high rent). My preference was UC Merced and UCSC.

If you can only go up to $50k, UIUC would not be an option.

Have you been to both? They are not far apart but the campus feel is quite different.

yes I did . I was open to losen my purse but I felt College of Health Science in Purude is bigger has more majors in case she wants to change

1 Like