Off-Topic Discussion from "Colleges Crossed Off List or Moved Up After Visiting"

re: Babson and the town of Wellelsley-

a million years ago I worked in in a town very near Wellesley and have been back in the area numerous times since. This CRACKS me up..

I would have thought this is possibly the safest campus in the US?! Boston, for one, is one of the safest big cities statistically, Wellesley is pretty far into suburbs and one of the poshest (top 5 probably?) suburbs and I can’t imagine doesn’t have an overly funded PD (plus the campus PD)… Campus is very contained at Babson (I toured eons ago). I would have thought they would have gone on and on about safety? I wonder if a super paranoid tour guide?

Edit/Related: I have a good friend whose kid was being recruited for sport - and their sibling (kids aunt/uncle went) and discouraged it as it is so ridiculously posh & money-driven as a school. On their tour the guide said you can have 2 parking spaces for your summer/winter cars :nauseated_face: (for a college student?!). Turned them right off! Note, some would spin this as go-getter, but that was not the siblings spin.

6 Likes