On A Scale of Marie Kondo to Fyre Festival, How Ready For The Holidays Are You?

I have no hard and fast timeframe. Tree stays up until the 6th at least. Housekeeper is coming on the 9th so it’ll come down sometime within that window.

I’ve mostly been a SAHM since my second was born, with a few P/T positions over the years. After the 6th, I check the weather forecast and look for the warmest day of the week to take down my garland and lights outside. If it’s going to rain or be super cold, I leave them up but unplug the lights until I have a chance to remove it all.

Indoor decor I take down in spurts but usually am done within a couple of days. For me, the worst thing is the tree. My kids’ ornaments are labeled with their names and get stored in separate bins so I make them each remove all their own ornaments then I do the remainder, the lights and garland.

I always followed my late mother’s lead and waited till the Epiphany - but this year we leave on the 4th for a week-long family trip. The real tree will come down on Friday in order to make the recycling pick-up; I’ll disconnect the outside lights but will not pack the rest up until I’m back home.

In Munich our beer was always cold. They drank warm beer in Britain though.

We generally leave our tree up till at least January 6. I also move the Wise Men to the creche then. One year I left it up so long my house cleaner offered to take off all the ornaments. We actually have till February 1 for tree pick up. This coming weekend is going to be really busy, so I think we might wait till the following one.

I sent holiday cards out today, but as pdfs except to one old friend that I don’t have an email address for apparently.

@mathmon, I am German but hate beer lol.
So I haven’t had beer at a German restaurant or other public place.
I am just familiar with what my parents do, and they don’t put it in the fridge.
Maybe if it’s from the tap, it’s cold, I don’t know
I just know that my American H loves his beer ice cold.

My D lives in a city, and they got a pretty big live Christmas tree. I was concerned what they would do with it after the holidays, but found out that the city has tree recycling stations where you can drop them off and they turn them into mulch.

My situation is exactly the same, word for word lol.

We had 10 family members came to visit from the 26th to 30th, lots of fun but also very tiring. Now the 4 of us are at Lake George skiing for the next 3 days. S23 is excited we keep him out of school for another 2 school days.

Happy new year!!!

No one leaves their Christmas decor up longer? We love how everything looks, and are in no hurry to take it down. Seems like we finally get to enjoy it once Christmas and all the work is over.
DH will unplug outdoor stuff this weekend, and take it down when we have a warmer day. Our inside stuff will stay up until mid-January. Last year it might have even been closer to the end of January…