Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>Applicannot: Safe travels and here’s to you finding that excitement again!</p>

<p>** {{HUGS}}** and :heart: to you as you continue your journey at Stanford. Wishing you continued success with increased comfort, peace and happiness as you follow your dreams. Also hoping that you find what you are looking for. The world can be a wonderful place!</p>

<p>Wow, FAP, be sure to take care of yourself! You have a rough schedule coming up. I think you’ll be happy by Sunday morning!</p>

<p>WHOO HOO!! I just booked airline tickets for the two kids and me. We will fly to Austin on Thursday, December 23 (since the kids’ last day of school is 12/22), and return on Monday, January 3. I had two free tickets because of points on my credit card, and another large voucher from DH getting bumped. Right now, he is driving to the airport to redeem another handwritten voucher that has to be presented in person. He’ll probably be able to stay for 9 days. I’m so excited! This way, if I have to get a job, I can tell them I already have travel plans for Christmas.</p>

<p>ML - great news! And something to look forward to as well! Only a little over 100 days to your trip :)</p>

<p>LAF: my S1 had mononucleosis when he was 9 yrs. Mono can sometimes masquerade as strep. One of his symptoms was a severe sore throat - his lymph nodes were so enlarged that he looked like Frankenstein with the neck bolts - and he couldn’t swallow. He repeatedly tested negative for strep, and even had a false negative for mono. It wasn’t until we were on a family vacation & the poor kid wound up in the hospital for dehydration that the doctors diagnosed mono. Not a medical opinion, just a thought.</p>

<p>IL: ROFL about the retainer! It won’t surprise you to know that back in middle school my S2 threw out his retainer with his cafeteria lunch less than 24-hours after he got it. The orthodontist said that 24-hours was a new record for losing a retainer. We left the next day to drive across the US in a VW van. Upon reaching the Grand Canyon, we stood along the rim admiring its grandeur when suddenly S2 shouted, “OMG! My teeth are shifting!”</p>

<p>bon voyage applicannot!!!</p>

<p>and rotflmao rmh!!</p>

<p>Back to school picnic tomorow night at the HS. D and her friend going to St Andrews will be making an appearance, probably just to snag some food. At first she was not going to go because she thought people would think she was not going to college and would wonder what happened and keep asking her questions. Kids at Brandeis will be home for the holiday also and will be there. Happy New Year to all who are celebrating!</p>

<p>yay on the trip ML! I need to rebook D’s trip home for Christmas as the fares have dropped. This is still without knowing when she will actually be done, but my placeholder reservation…</p>

<p>:cool: :cool:</p>

<p>S started his email to me by saying, “The good news is, it’s probably not mono.” I think the health center did a mono test but didn’t get back the result yet, but the nurse practitioner didn’t think it looked like mono. D’s had friends with mono, they describe the sore throat as “swallowing glass.” S is saying his throat is “phlegmy.” And he had the same thing last April in Spain. So I’m thinking it’s not mono. Actually I’m PRAYING its not mono. Its not mono. Please let it not be mono.</p>

<p>Funny thing about mono… back in the day when H and I were at Laf, they had a terrible doctor in the Health Center. His name was Doc Stein, and we all called him Frank N Stein. He told everyone they had mono, it was like a joke. Watching a football game, an injured player was laying on the field and Frank N trots out and bends over him. One of my fellow band members stood up and yelled, “Son, it looks like you’ve got mono.” We told S this story, and the first time he went to the health center he texted us: “They have a pamphlet on the counter here titled ‘So You Have Mono.’”</p>

<p>Laf: too funny! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that it is not mono, not mono, not mono.</p>

<p>I wondered if fares had dropped, because they were less than I expected. We’re even flying out of Portland, not Manchester or Boston! That makes life easier.</p>

<p>My dad talked to a young man who does biomedical engineering research (Dad knows him through church, not school). The guy asked his supervisor, who said that DS can do research with them next semester. Cool! It has been a very good day, news wise.</p>

<p>Younger S used to snore VERY VERY loudly, and it turns out he had sleep apnea because of large adenoids. So they removed his tonsils. Not only did he stop snoring, he started staying dry overnight!</p>

<p>I can’t remember the word, but I got an infected pocket on my tonsils, two years in a row. The first time, it got so bad I couldn’t even swallow (I’d gone in once to be examined, but they told me it would get better and it didn’t!). The ENT guy had to lance it - yikes! When it happened a second time, he said I should get my tonsils out. This was about three years ago. Unfortunately, a few days after the surgery, everything started tasting WEIRD!! Kind of metallic and yucky. The doctor couldn’t figure out what happened, but other people on the internet said they’d experienced the same thing. It’s gotten better over time, but water still tastes funny to me.</p>

<p>Psychmom - I wish my S2 were picked up at 7! He leaves for the school bus at 6 a.m., so he can catch it going up the hill. If he waits until it comes back down, he doesn’t always get a seat. </p>

<p>SWTCAT - Tell your D to hang in there. Being in a sorority was good for me because it made me budget my time. I also had an off-campus job 15 - 16 hours a week. She’ll learn soon enough.</p>

<p>ML - I hated S1’s high school for its modular schedule where students had off periods and rotating days, but I think it might be paying off now, since he appears to be keeping up with his work and using his time well. </p>

<p>DB - Not crazy, just incredibly lucky!</p>

<p>I still have the college search thing to do with S2, but he’s a HS freshman and couldn’t care less - he’ll probably follow his brother to Marshall because it’s the path of least resistance.</p>

<p>ML - I hate the taste of water - it never tastes right! I drink it, of course, but it’s never enjoyable. I had my tonsils out when I was 18, I can’t remember if water tasted better back then. </p>

<p>Shilly - how funny that we would have to be college students to go back to our “pre-mom” state. The finances will be fine, honestly it’s not usually a problem but there were so many things that came up suddenly, and then I found out I was overdrawn in my bank account (which hasn’t happened in YEARS), so it just freaked me out. </p>

<p>My D called me today, and told me it was ok to call and text her more! I guess I have been doing too good of a job holding back! It was nice to hear her voice, and we made plans to go to the movies on Sunday :D</p>

<p>:cool: :cool:</p>

<p>Another night, another airport.</p>

<p>Applicannot – Wishing you the best at Stanford… they are lucky to have you!!! (FWIW, my dad is an alumnus). I understand about the pillows too. I think that is one of the reasons that I am so glad to get home to my own bed every week. See gift below.</p>

<p>ML – You will make the right job decision. I too agonized long and hard. I hate those $ surprises too. The day before launch last week I got hit with $600 on my truck and gotta take D2’s car in the morning. Congrats on scoring the tickets… you can’t beat the price. </p>

<p>12rmh18 – My mom appears to be doing OK with the limbo for now (at least externally). She says that she’s not going to worry about what she does not know.</p>

<p>FAP – Don’t you hate fine print? Just charge me $10 more and put the cable in the box.</p>

<p>Dang, I feel like I’m getting a sore throat just reading tonight. LAF, here’s hoping that it is not mono.</p>

<p>On the subject of odd medical stuff, do any of you have this one?… if they dilate D2’s pupils at the eye doctor, she passes out (found out the hard way when she keeled over that the office desk one time). Apparently, it happens to some people and they just have a note in her file to not do it (we remind them too). I guess I should reminder her of that in case she goes to the eye doctor at school for some reason.</p>

<p>DW went over to do some grocery shopping and help my parents today. When I talked to her on the phone I stopped in the middle of asking her “will you be home before D2 gets home from school?” Old habits die hard.</p>

<p>Looking forward to heading back to NJ tomorrow afternoon. Just not looking forward to the drive.</p>

<p>OK, now I know that we have been too caught up in launch activities. Someone just posted “Happy Birthday!” to my FB wall. I had completely forgotten that tomorrow is my own birthday :eek:</p>

<p>



MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:ZZZZ+++::::::::::::::::::~==$Z=+========+I77777777$ZZZZZZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZZ8MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZZ7MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOZZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM~ZZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?MMMZOZZZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$ZZZ.MM~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ88ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMZZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMM=ZZZ$MMM$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,8O.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ7MMM+ZZZZ8MMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMZZZZMMM~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.888O8.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMZZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMZZZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZO888O8.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMM,ZZZZMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMM~ZZZZMMMIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ8888O?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ7MMMIZZZZMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMM$ZZZZMMMOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ7888ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMM.ZZZZ:MMMMMMM
MMMMM:ZZZZMMMIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ+..?O8O88887.7ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ7MMM7ZZZZMMMMMM
MMMM7ZZZ=MMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?~788888888888O87:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ+MMOZZZZ$MMMM
MMNZZZZ.MM?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$O8888888888O8+ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ7MMMZ$ZZZMMM
MZZZZ7MMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:O8888888888.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.MMMZZZZ~M
ZZZZIMM+ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:$88O8888888888O?~OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ7MMM7ZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:8888888888O:?7.OO:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ88888888888O$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ8O88OO88888888+.?+.~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ+O.ZZ.O88888888OO88O8IZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ7O8888888++88Z:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ888888.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZII7777$$$$ZZ=88888?$ZZZZZZZZDD?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMMMMMMZZZ7O888888:ZZZZZZZZMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMM~ZZZZZZZOZ7O888888O88O8.IZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMNZZZZZZZZ8OO8888888888888O,ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIZZ?~.::.Z888888888888OO88888O.$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,888888888888888887$+$OO8,Z888.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?.8O888888888888888887ZZ,.$ZZ.78OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:O87O88OO8O8888888888888.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ7,ZZZZZZZZZ7~888888888888888OO,ZZZZDDDDDDDDD888888888888MMMMMMMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?IZZZZZZZZ888888888888888888~ZZZ$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMZZZ?MOZZO888888888888888888:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMZZZZZZ.888888888888888888888Z$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMZZZZ:OO888888888888O~,+O8O8888?7ZZZZZ~===????????????$$$$$$$$$$M
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.OO888888888888O7ZZZZ,O888OOO$ZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ+,O888888888888888888?ZZZZZZZZZZ.7.ZZZ7.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:.OOOO888888888888888888.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.88O8888OOO888O888888888888~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ~MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,O88888,:I?:.,.$$88888888OO88=ZZZZ=NNNNNNNNNNNN$ZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ+O888O.ZZZZZZZZ~888888888.+:88O.OZZZZ78ZMMMMMMMM7$ZZZZNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.~ZZZZZZZZZZZZ,OO88888888:ZZZ:8OO,$ZZZZZZZZZZZ$MMMZZZZZ~MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.8888888888O:ZZZ::8OO:ZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMOZZZ$MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.88888888888O.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$MMM$ZZZZNMMMMMMMMMMMM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ+.OO88888888888888+7Z,+ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:MMM$ZZZZMMMMMMMMMMM
ZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$.O8888O888888888888888O8888.OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMM~ZZZZ$NMMMMMMMM
ZZZZMMN$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:~7?=,,.O888888888888I.:8O888O=,=ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?MMMZZZZZ~MMMMMMM
ZZZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?ZZZZZZ.8888888888888IZZZ,O87~ZZIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMIZZZZ:MMMMMM
M~ZZZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ8O888888888888.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIMMMZZZZZMMMMM
MMMOZZZZ7MMOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$+?O888888888888888+?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMM=ZZZZZNMM
MMMMNZZZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:=8888OOO88888888888888OO8O+.?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ+MMMZZZZZ~M
MMMMMMOZZZZ?MMMOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ~O88O88888888888888888888888888O8OO+=:++ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZNMMNZZZZM
MMMMMMM$ZZZZ7MMMZZZZZZZZZZZZ.,$OOOO88888888888888888888888888888888O88O7ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ=MMMZZZM
MMMMMMMMMZZZZZMMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.D8888888888888888888888888888888888,ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MMMMMMMMMMMZZZZZMMM~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ+88888888O8888888888888O,.8OOO.$888ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MMMMMMMMMMMMIZZZZIMMM$ZZZZZZZZZZ?::O8888888O.8888888888888OZZ$I$ZZZ$..OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZZZMMM:ZZZZZZ.88O88O7..7O$:Z7O888888888888OIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM7ZZZZ,MMMZZZZZ.OO8O,7ZZZZZZZZ,O8888888888888?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM7ZZZZZMMM7ZZZZ$+IZZZZZZZZ$.88888888888888888~ZZ$MZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?ZZZZZZZZOZZZZZZZZZZZZ,8888888888888888888O$ZZNZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ88888888888888888888O:$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZZ.+O88O88888888888888888888.OOOOOOO8?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZ.O8OO88888888888888OO88888888888888OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZ7+.Z7+8888888888888,.ZO88888888888OIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
M===============================OZZZZZZ.888888888888IZZZ.88888888888.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$+O888888888888ZZZZ$88888888888O.?Z$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?I8OOO88888888OO8888ZZZZZ,OZ.Z,88O88888O8$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MZZ+MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZZ=8888888888888IZIOO88ZZZ$ZZZZZZZZ~IO7OO8O8,OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MZZ+MMMMMMM8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDIZZZ:8O88888888888:ZZZ=888ZZZ7MM$ZZZZZZZZZZ77.88:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
MZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:OO888888O8OOO,ZZZZ.888ZZZ+MMMIZZZ.ZZZZZZZZ.88,ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
,ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,O88.ZZ.8.$ZZZZZZ+ZZ7O88ZZZ:MMM7ZZZMMZZZZZZZZ.88O$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
:ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ8OO.ZZZZZZZZZZZZMMZZZ888ZZZ:MMMIZZZMMZZZZZZZZZZ77$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
:ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOO:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZO88ZZZZZZZZZZZMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
:ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ+IZZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZI888ZZZZZZZZZZZMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
:ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.:ZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMZZZ:O88IZZ7MMMMMMMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
:ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMIZZ.O88=ZZ7MMMMMMMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
:ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIO88~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
:ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ8888:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
:ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZO888.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZM
+ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ8888.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZ:
=ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:O888OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZ:
=ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ=88888.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZ:
=ZZ+MMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.888888OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZ:
=ZZZ7NMO$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ7O8888888.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMZZZ:
M$ZZZZMMM$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$Z888888888.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.MMMZZZZ:
MMNZZZZ$MMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$888888888888:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ7MMMZZZZZ$M
MMMM7ZZZ$8MM7ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?7O88888888888OIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMM8$ZZZZ?MM
MMMMM=ZZZZ:MMMOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.OO888888888888OO.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMM=ZZZZ$MMMM
MMMMMMM$ZZZZMMM,$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?O8888888888888888887IZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMZZZZZMMMMMM
MMMMMMMM=ZZZZ$MMM$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$+888888888888888888888O.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?MMM$ZZZZZMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMZZZZZ:MM.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?ZO8888888888888888888888888:~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMM:ZZZZOMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMZZZZZMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,O8O888O888888OO8888888888888OOOO.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?MMM7ZZZZ~MMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMIZZZZ?MMMZZZZZZZZZ.=~.~I$ZZ$?~~+7$ZZZZZ?=7$ZZ$7I?+~~+IZZZZZZZZZZZOMMM?ZZZZ$MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZZZMMMIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMZZZZZ,MMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?ZZZZIMMM7ZZZZZZZI777777777777777777777=++++++++++++++++++++MMM?ZZZZ$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZZZOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZ$ZZZMMMMMMMMMMO7=+MZM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$ZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMZMZN=MM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMMM,.ZM+$M
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM+++++++++I777777777777777777777777ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$Z.M


</p>

<p>8/07 AL34’s S…Launched!!!
8/08 RobD’s D…Launched!!!
8/11 somewhereinga’s D…Launched!!!
8/12 CaliforniaDancer, jc40’s S, parent56’s S…Launched!!!
8/13 TWINMAMA’s D1…Launched!!!
8/14 austinmtmom’s D, MomLive’s S, MuppetMom’s D…Launched!!!
8/16 MaineLonghorn’s S…Launched!!!
8/17 CheckersMidwest’s S, SWTCAT’s D…Launched!!!
8/18 archiemom’s S, footballmom104’s S, PAVenturer’s S & D, nicksmtmom’s S…Launched!!!
8/19 BlessedTwice’s S, Bubbe’s GS, DougBetsy’s S, Keilexandra, LIMOMOF2’s D, mdemvizi, mpabon’s D, momlosingit’s D, CalAlum’s S…Launched!!!
8/20 anothercrazymom’s S, veewhitty’s D, WhirledPeas2U’s D, KYparent’s D, 12rmh18’s S, Flinty’s D… Launched!!!
8/21 1sokkermom’s D, 2education’s S, BUandBC82’s S, shillyshally’s D, learninginprog’s S, psych_ Launched!!!
8/22 BengalMom’s S, boiledegg’s D, ILoveLA’s D Launched!!!
8/23 psychmom’s D… Launched!!!
8/24 momof3sons’s S2, 2girls4me’s D, PinotNoir’s S, donnagal’s S…Launched!!!
8/25 Bclintonk’s D, vballmom’s S2, scualum’s D, Queen’s Mom’s D, nightchef’s S…Launched!!!
8/26 coskat’s D, limabeans’ S, PAO2008’s D, Pengo’s S, BonnieNewJersey’s D, ELY’s S, ajfischer@verizo’s D, ny mom’s D…Launched!!!
8/27 Lafalum84’s D, showmom858’s D, Scoutmom9’s S, JayDee12’s S…Launched!!!
8/28 astromom’s D, Booklady’s S, TWINMAMA’s D2, zoosermom’s D, SLUMOM’s S, writestuff54’s D; jbehlend’s S, rocket6louise…Launched!!!
8/29 Trombones13…Launched!!!
8/30 Mablab54’s D, intouch1520’s D, Sailorette’s D, teenage<em>cliche, Brooklynborndad’s D, qialah’s D…Launched!!!
8/31 hopeful2014’s S…Launched!!!
9/01 CountingDown’s S, kindredspirit’s D, missemily516’s D, momof2inma’s D, sewemma’s S, IL/WIL’s S, mathmom’s S, colorado</em>mom’s S…Launched!!!
9/02 readabook’s S, pugmadkate’s S…Launched!!!
9/04 GSharpM7’s D, ProudNJMom’s S, robinsuesanders’s S, Kajon’s S, zam614…Launched!!!
9/05 abudhabi-mama’s S…Launched!!!
9/07 aliceinw’s S, Youdon’tsay’s S, pmartin57’s D, bigredmom’s D…Launched!!!
9/09 standrews’ D…Launched!!!</p>

<p>…
9/11 applicannot…On The Launch Pad</p>

<p>9/13 lilmom’s S, momof3sons’s S3, dietz199’s D
9/14 FindAPlace’s S, psychmomma’s S
9/17 artloversplus’ D, jackief’s D, mommusic’s S
9/18 esobay’s S, PayFor’s S , motherbear332’s S, PaperChaserPop’s S
9/21 PuerhTuocha’s S</p>

<p>Happy, happy birthday, GSharp! Are you thinking Little Debbies with a candle for on the road?</p>

<p>ML - Water tastes funny to me as well. Gin, on the other hand, tastes just right. :wink: And nice score on the tickets!</p>

<p>Gsharp, Happy Birthday!</p>

<p>DW has been feeling very needed to day, so my life has been good. S called her with the bad news about the retainer, then called looking for his cutlery to which DW guided him over the phone (both S’s and I believe she intentionally hides items so she can ride to the rescue), and then he called during S2’s football game seeking help with laundry.</p>

<p>

I’m praying along with you. I want no one to experience what my D did.</p>

<p>Happy birthday Gsharp!! I’m jumping up to give you a big, giant, fist bump!!</p>

<p>GSharp: Happy Birthday! Have a safe trip! Still sending good thoughts for your mom.</p>

<p>Laf: Fingers and toes crossed here for “Not Mono!”</p>

<p>ML: Congrats on booking your trip! </p>

<p>BUandBC: I remember my mother always saying that when my brother went away to college (he was 18 at the time) he was 6’ at Christmas break he was 6’2"! So your S might still have some growing to do. I keep hoping that will happen to S2, he is only 5’3"! I so wanted him and S1 to be tall like my brother but no such luck!</p>

<p>Shillyshally: I don’t miss those first day packets! College was much easier, just fill out a different form online each week! </p>

<p>Applicannot: Good luck with your launch! Wishing you safe travels!</p>

<p>So, it seems as if there were quite a few of us who had a bad day yesterday. It really does help to know that so many of us are feeling the same way. Thanks again to everyone for the hugs and I am sending them right back to you!</p>

<p>Is ACM still at her beach house in NC? Haven’t heard from her in a while…</p>

<p>Best wishes to Applicannot, as she seeks her fame and fortune. Safe travels, and may all six bags make it there in one piece. </p>

<p>Stanford University Cardinals</p>

<p>All right. Let’s get on with it!</p>

<p>— T. Keith Glennan, first NASA administrator, regarding the space program, 7 October 1958.</p>

<p>GSharp - happy birthday!!! funny how this launching stuff can take over everything.</p>

<p>It is H and I’s 21st anniversary today. We forgot about this until late last night. Plan to celebrate after D’s move-in on Monday. This whole business of regaining/reclaiming/remembering ourselves sure is a bunch of work.</p>

<p>Speaking of ACM and the beach house, did anyone see Kate plus eight on Baldhead Island? I kept looking around the show to see if there was a glamorous lady lounging with a glass of wine in her hand!</p>

<p>Happy anniversary Dietz!</p>