There is no guarantee I attend law school currently. I don’t want to lock myself into a profession, especially with today’s volatile job market. As such, I want to make my undergrad meaningful in case I decide to work directly with my bachelors and end my schooling there, or if I pursue a STEM masters instead of a juris doctor. Due to this, I am fixated on the best education I can receive within our family’s budget. My peers originally had high quotes as well, but were able to negotiate it significantly down. They applied regular decision as well. Their financial situation was quite similar to mine, except some slight differences. I don’t know how common that is, but I am looking at top colleges with this in mind. Thanks again for responding.
Related topics
| Thread | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Is my college list good and are there any schools I should add/ take away? [FL resident, 3.75 GPA, 29 ACT] | 31 | 1050 | August 15, 2026 | |
| Chance Me/Match me for Philosophy Pre-law [4.0UW, 1570 SAT, HS Senior, NJ] ["Parents willing to pay full price to reaches, otherwise looking for significant merit aid"] | 83 | 1648 | September 28, 2026 | |
| Chance Me/ Match me - Lowish Stat MD junior with Big Dreams! (3.78 UW 5.52 W) [1280 SAT, <$20-35k, political science pre-law] | 31 | 486 | August 15, 2026 | |
| Match Me/Chance Me! First-Gen from FL, Econ + International Relations [4.0 GPA, top 2% rank, 1230 SAT, need lots of FA / scholarships] | 20 | 843 | April 1, 2025 | |
| Questioning chance of getting in to a good college | 20 | 501 | August 30, 2026 |