PSAT Scores for National Merit Semifinalists 2009 (H.S. Class of 2010)

<p>Anyone have a score for New York yet? My daughter has heard anything…</p>

<p>220 in Virginia. I’m cutting it pretty close. Why can’t I live in Wyoming?</p>

<p>Oh, thank you. I didnt realize that it was equal to or less than. I just though that was the cutoff…</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Yes, quite sadly, the Atlanta economy is based on water which we apparently never had any right to take.</p>

<p>I believe the courts ordered a five year stay on an order for Atlanta to stop using Lake Lanier for drinking water.</p>

<p>The idea is in the meantime for the three states to work things out.</p>

<p>Our Governor is currently eying the Tennessee River as an alternate source.</p>

<p>Our soldiers are preparing to invade even as I write… </p>

<p>Which reminds me of the war fought between Michigan and Ohio (no joke they did).</p>

<p>They fought over Toledo.</p>

<p>Michigan won. (kidding about that part).</p>

<p>DD was just notified by her GC that she is NMSF. She has a 221 in TN (but we already know the cutoff is lower than that ;)</p>

<p>Anyone from MN, would like to hear, thanks.</p>

<p>I got a call from my S that he made it today with a 214 in Illinois. It was so great hearing him say that it made me cry.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Michigan absolutely did win. They got the UP.</p>

<p>kwwboarder…yes, you should notify National Merit board and/or the school because they WILL be sent to the school. You could wait a long time, or they might not have your forwaring address, or not have it correct, or just not care. I’m guessing National Merit will send you a duplicate. They told me…at time of “commended” announcement when my DD didn’t get hers until WAY late that they’d send a duplicate if she didn’t hear from school. And this notification is SO much more important in terms of timely notification. First, you need to know if you can put it on your applications and second, you need to get started on the required finalist paperwork a.s.a.p. So don’t delay.</p>

<p>Illinois update: </p>

<p>Alabama 208 (posts 328 and 294)
Arizona <=212 (post 315)
Georgia <=214 (366)
Florida<=211 (post 327)
Illinois <=214 (Post 407)
Kansas <=212 (post 317)
Kentucky <= 209 (post 309)
Maryland <=234 (post 308)
Michigan <=209 (post 331)
Mississippi <= 212 (post 357)
Missouri <= 216 (post 294)
Nebraska <= 211 (post 292)
Ohio <=215 (post 311)
South Dakota <=205 (post 320) - received word from GC (packets with letters to be distributed Monday)
Tennessee <= 213 (post 350)
Texas <= 216 (post 319)
Washington <=218 (post 313)</p>

<p>in the great state of Texas…<br>
Just got the news from the kiddos school:
218 made it<br>
216 made it
214 did NOT make it<br>
Nobody at the kiddos school scored 215 so that score is still a possibility.
Somebody who has a 215 and has heard one way or another will have to update.
Sorry to those Texans who scored 214 and lower who were hoping.</p>

<p>Any word on NJ? My D’s private school has the info but refuses to notify us! We think she made it with 221. Been receiving kudos from colleges regarding her on her academic achievements.</p>

<p>211 made it in louisiana</p>

<p>Update:</p>

<p>Alabama 208 (posts 328 and 294)
Arizona <=212 (post 315)
Georgia <=214 (366)
Florida<=211 (post 327)
Illinois <=214 (Post 407)
Kansas <=212 (post 317)
Kentucky <= 209 (post 309)
Maryland <=234 (post 308)
Louisiana <=211 (post 413)
Michigan <=209 (post 331)
Mississippi <= 212 (post 357)
Missouri <= 216 (post 294)
Nebraska <= 211 (post 292)
Ohio <=215 (post 311)
South Dakota <=205 (post 320)
Tennessee <= 213 (post 350)
Texas <= 216 (post 319 and 411) (cutoff is 215 or 216)
Washington <=218 (post 313)</p>

<p>I’m a little worried I never received thee “top 50,000” letter in the spring even though I scored a 227. Has anyone from NJ heard anything yet? Should I be worried that I am not a semi-finalist cause I never got the “top 50,000” letter?</p>

<p>My daughter just found out that she is a semifinalist with a 213 in Ohio; we thought some folks hovering close to the cutoff might want to know. Good luck to everyone.</p>

<p>Godspeed: That score is commended and … let’s face it…surely a semi-finalist but I’d hate to say that out loud and jinx anyone. So pretend I didn’t.</p>

<p>Contact National Merit a.s.a.p. to verify. Dif you meet the other qualifications (such as - were you a Junior when you took the test?).</p>

<p>Updating Ohio:</p>

<p>Alabama 208 (posts 328 and 294)
Arizona <=212 (post 315)
Georgia <=214 (366)
Florida<=211 (post 327)
Illinois <=214 (Post 407)
Kansas <=212 (post 317)
Kentucky <= 209 (post 309)
Maryland <=234 (post 308)
Louisiana <=211 (post 413)
Michigan <=209 (post 331)
Mississippi <= 212 (post 357)
Missouri <= 216 (post 294)
Nebraska <= 211 (post 292)
Ohio <=213 (post 416)
South Dakota <=205 (post 320)
Tennessee <= 213 (post 350)
Texas <= 216 (post 319 and 411) (cutoff is 215 or 216)
Washington <=218 (post 313)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>No. I know of other cases in which a student who plainly qualified to be a semifinalist this year but didn’t get the letter last spring. Don’t worry about it.</p>

<p>Wow, national merit letters are out already? I guess no one knows the score for new york yet?</p>