Rice Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

Also, I called rice, they said that even if we submitted a little late it should be fine. They seem relatively chill about this kind of stuff

Ah, man, I totally messed up my application because of the time. Should have just submitted late.

No, I’m a soph from HCC

We just upload the box on the upload section of the portal, right? I don’t see anywhere that says box. We just put something that “appeals” to us, right?

@jimothy12 are you sure TRANSFER decisions came out on that date? that’s pretty soon

According to last year’s Transfer thread for rice, they released the first wave at least on April 26. The year before the first wave came out May 5 and the second wave was May 22

Oh man, this stuff about waves is so scary… I’m probably seventh wave :slight_smile:

This is the first transfer class since the announcement of the Rice Investment, right? So for all we know there might be a dramatic increase in applicants (like there was in the freshman pool), making it much harder to get in.

@jimothy12 i’m a freshman at a CC. I’m hoping i have enough classes to transfer as a junior though. if not, then at least a sophomore and a half haha

@transferrrrrrcc what major are you going for? and how’s your gpa?

@Ashtash on the portal below the list of materials received there’s a place where you can upload stuff. click the drop down menu and chose “the box” or something like that and then upload your item

@CriedEmerson chemical engineering, gpa is not stellar, 3.71 (two Bs), but imo excellent ECs. midterm report is straight A/A+s with 19 units.

you?

What I need to do is totally forget about this now, and just focus on other things. Anyone with me?

@CriedEmerson haha, yes. all of our decisions come out in April or later so we should just focus on school! at least that’s what i’m trying to do for now even if its kinda unsuccessful lol

pretty much the end of april which is like may, so ya. no point in worrying :slight_smile:

@transferrrrrrcc I am coming from hcc, no ec’s, never took in person classes (except one) so dunno how lors are, also made a billion mistakes on my app

not really hopeful at this point

man I should sleep

@transferrrrrrcc hey I’m chemical engineering freshman too, 3.85 gpa, 1530 sat, decent EC and good essays imo,
Applied ED last year and was rejected

Do you think applying again makes you more likely to get in? It’s certainly an indicator of demonstrated interest…

I know Rice tracks demonstrated interest, so it definitely wouldn’t hurt an applicant if they’ve already applied. I dont know how much it would help though

@jimothy12 omg! thats my SAT score too hahaha.