Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS) (Part 3)

It looks like the National Guard isn’t allowing my son to make a single phone call during his officer training course. :enraged_face:

16 Likes

H went out with three of his fraternity brothers last night. He just told me that all four of them were wearing Skechers … I’m pretty sure they didn’t laugh as much when they realized it as I did when he told me.

11 Likes

Really, kiddo, all you could manage was a very short text to your dad today? I guess we’ll hear from you when you need something. I’m so baffled. :frowning: I’m glad your brother is speaking to us again - he called from Krakow today, while on a field trip with his grad school classmates. I know it was tough for him to find the time, and we were so appreciative.

18 Likes

It’s that time of year when many college access organizations/foundations are matching rising senior first gen/limited income/other disadvantaged students with volunteers to help these students navigate college admissions. Please consider volunteering at an organization on this thread, or one in your area:

6 Likes

Everything that was a problem before is even more apparent now. If I was a child this would be the time I would announce I was running away from home and everyone would be sorry then!

10 Likes

Well, you didn’t call on Father’s Day, but since we didn’t expect that you would, I guess we’re not disappointed.

14 Likes

Thank you Speed Queen repair guy - it seems like you should have had the part to fix our washer when you came, but at least you let us know “some people consider duct taping…” to make it work until you can come back with the part. So far, so good.

13 Likes

That may have been the most disorganized meeting I have ever attended. It is no surprise your group is disbanding. I am just happy I don’t need an excuse for not coming back.

5 Likes

Ok, lady, you now qualify for “crazy neighbor” status.

SIL let the dog out to pee before the storm started and the dog (who has been cooped up inside the house for a week because she was just spayed) ran through your yard and into the next street. SIL went after the dog–and he didn’t even go through YOUR yard–but you (a senior citizen who is certainly old enough to know better) ran out your back door anyway in your BRA AND PANTIES to scream at him that he was trespassing on private property?

24 Likes

BTW, this is the same neighbor who refused to cut down the dead tree looming over our property.

9 Likes

Well, at least you called on Monday with a Belated Happy Father’s Day. So all is forgiven.

13 Likes

Poor kid - so stressed out - broken computer was not what she needed right now.

8 Likes

Well, kiddo actually called yesterday. She’s just incredibly busy. Teaching piano, editing articles online, photography gigs, and housesitting. Plus getting ready for grad school in the fall. She seems to be handling the stress well, yay. I’m happy she’s doing well and just need to accept that she won’t contact us often. She plans to come home at Thanksgiving - her tenth high school reunion (!!!) is the day before Thanksgiving (odd, but I guess they figure people will be home for the holiday).

14 Likes

If you are on a bike, it is the city ordinance to yield to pedestrians if you are on the sidewalk. If you would like to ride 20 miles an hour on your bike do so in the roadway or in the bike lane!

And, if you are a parent, teach your children, the bike laws! If you don’t feel comfortable with them following the rules, they should not be out biking by themselves.

16 Likes

Ok, it’s happened. SIL just lost a colleague/co-worker because of US politics. The individual is a French citizen (born and raised there), but of Iranian descent. They’ve had theirs and their research partners’ grants denied and delayed-delayed-delayed for months and still under review. They’re tired of being questioned, obliquely, but questioned just the same, about their loyalties by US security. They’re afraid to travel outside the US for conferences and family visits because they’ve been warned that they won’t be allowed back in. So they’re leaving. Permanently.

Our loss. The individual is extremely talented computer scientist in a high demand area of research.

28 Likes

I am surprised at how expensive prescription eye glasses/sun glasses have become! I went to the local/independently owned place today, and they were quite a bit more expensive for the same glasses I could get at LensCrafters. I know Costco is much cheaper, but I am pretty picky.

4 Likes

Learned 2 yr ago that a former bosom buddy best friend for life walked away from her entire life & family to go live in another country. Like, left her husband and 3 kids.

Learned just recently that she’s now an illegal immigrant in the country she moved to.

I already had lost respect for her. Didn’t know you could go negative in the respect department but yeah, you can.

11 Likes

Is two issues from the same accident in the same extremity one too many for a doctor to address? Apparently, yes.

12 Likes

I don’t want to pay those high airfares, but I don’t want to drive long distances, either. It’s a conundrum.:face_with_spiral_eyes:

8 Likes