Skidmore Housing - Here's the real deal from a Soph parent

My son is a student and the Dean of students apologized at orientation saying it was a new system. My sense is it will be better next year. My son had no complications in getting the room but it is a triple.

2 Likes

The school gave freshman in triples $600 (per semester) on their Skidcard, and also give the parents $400 per semester rebate (if they’re still in the triples).

2 Likes

My freshman got the $600 on his Skidcard, but we didn’t hear anything about the $400 power semester. Is that supposed to just show up on the bill?

1 Like

They credit the tuition $400 sometime in October if all the roommates are still in a triple. I think they figure some people will move around and it could be different by then. However if it’s different, the student still gets to keep the $600 on the Skidcard. Likewise for spring, the $600 is at the beginning of the semester, and the $400 credit would be about 6 weeks in.

1 Like

This is exactly how it worked for us last year. While no one wants a triple, it was a nice benefit! My daughter still has some money left over from this on her Skid card for this year.

2 Likes

Thanks. She is settling in. Things aren’t any better, but also not any worse. Hoping things will improve eventually.