TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Does TEAB get a banner? Asking for mom.

2 Likes

I’d like to know
too!:blush:

TEAB, TEAM and Gateway get banners. Banners can take several weeks to arrive.

(But if you go to Galveston campus, I think the banner is slightly different-says Sea Aggies, something like that. Not sure what a McAllen banner looks like?)

PSA would not get A&M banner.

If you do the Engineering at Galveston program you get the College Station style Banner

1 Like

“Aggies By The Sea” is what theirs says. My friend’s daughter got a small box
of swag along with the banner…towel, lanyard and stickers etc!

2 Likes

I found this on another thread, and I think it’s interesting how many colleges have March (or later) as their notification date. It provides perspective. What it doesn’t do is comfort people who are still waiting. TAMU’s rolling admission can be a blessing and a curse. The shoo-in candidates heard back within weeks, while others have waited over six months without a hard and fast notification date to work with.

I have heard anecdotally that schools are looking more heavily at GPA since going test optional. I know of several students last year and this year (since TAMU went test option) who had lots of ECs but less than a 4.0 and they were some of the ones who stayed in review the longest. I don’t think that’s across the board - there are exceptions, but I’ve heard this enough that it makes me believe what I’ve heard about GPA being extra important these days.

They said that scores would only help, not hurt.

My daughter got 6 tabs and her major changed to Blinn Team this morning! She applied early November, offered options on Jan. 27th (selected both Waitlist and Blinn Team) and her first choice major was education. Praying for everyone that is still waiting!!

3 Likes

Today I was offered Engineering at Galveston, McAllen and Blinn!!! I think I will choose Blinn. Do you guys know if I can join the Corps with Blinn?

3 Likes

Congrats! My son got the 6 tabs this morning too!! His AIS homepage says Blinn Team for his major as well. We are sooooo excited. Can’t wait to finally start this journey👍 He applied in October and got the offer for Blinn Team or waitlist January 19th and we chose both. His major is chemstry. Don’t lose faith! I was at my wits end with the waiting. WHOOP!!

5 Likes

Yes you can and that’s what my son is doing. Congrats!

2 Likes

@abbey2776 I started at UH as a chemical engineering major when I was a student. I lived on campus in Honors dorms and had a great time.

Your son seems to prefer A&M quite a bit. Maybe you live in the Houston area and would commute and your son would prefer to live on campus? If the honors college at UH was in play, I’d highly recommend that. Without it, I’d suggest going Blinn ETAM and doing his best to get his first choice major. If he doesn’t get it and still strongly wants that field of study, he can transfer to UH with 30 hours of credit. Good luck, it sounds like he’ll do fine.

1 Like

So if you get BLINN, should you make a decision quickly? Are BLINN seats limited? It feels a lot like the PACE program at UT Austin, but with PACE you have a specific date to accept the offer. I don’t see that with BLINN. Don’t want to miss a date!! Thank you!

1 Like

@atx888 make your decision fast!
EVERYTHING at A&M is competitive, fills us QUICK. When something opens up, your kid needs to stop and register immediately.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response. We actually live in the Rio Grande Valley, so either one would be dorms. I don’t think he got the honors program at UofH. I think mom just needs to let him decide. :blush: Thanks again!

2 Likes

That’s where my husband and I are originally from. I miss El Pato so much.

ANYHOO…congrats! Going to McAllen is like being in College Station. Good work!

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing. Blinn is a fantastic option, but we won’t hear back from many other schools until April. Hard to commit to one school when still waiting for several other school decisions.

1 Like

She applied on the first day Apply Texas opened. 3.83 unweighted, AP for all core classes when offered, student council, drill team officer, NHS, philanthropy orgs. But - didn’t submit SAT scores which may be why it took so long? Received the option for waitlist or Blinn TEAM back in January. Grateful for 6 tabs today and CS/Communications. I know the tabs are worth celebrating, but I don’t think I’ll exhale until it let’s us register for NSC. Praying for all of you still waiting!

5 Likes

They do not get the banner when offered PSA, but if they meet the requirements and transfer they definitely get that banner. My daughter’s hanging in my office. It goes by fast, My daughter is graduating in 3.5 years (in December) and applying to grad school in Public Health, I think she wants to be her generations Dr. Fauci.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I guess us LA majors still have hope.

2 Likes