No one in their right mind would take the coaching job in Toronto. It’s an impossible situation. I hope Brendan can change the culture, but I think Sisyphus might have more luck keeping the rock from rolling down the hill.
Well, tonight’s game sucked. Trotz is going to kick some tails tomorrow.
The Habs-Sens game was an exciting one, from start to finish. It’s possible that Subban may be suspended for his slash on Stone. I guess we should hear something today. He has an abundance of talent but, all too often, a serious lack of judgment.
I only caught bits of the other games, switching back and forth but it seems that Chicago was fortunate to get their win.
I don’t visit this place too often anymore, but Ii do love this thread. Somehow it won’t be the same w/o the Kings/Shark wonderful banter.
Because I’m so old fashioned, of course I’m rooting for my "Hawks. Kaner is back!
If they get knocked out, then any O6 will be fine w/me.
When I tuned in to watch the game last night, the station supposedly carrying it actually had a run at the bottom that I was in the blackout area and to tune to bla,bla. I recently changed providers, and so gave up looking and just watched the US/Mexico soccer match.
The last two summers I have been 7 time zones away for most of the playoffs, streaming games at terrible hours.
The same will probably happen again this year, but I need to see the granddaughter!
Anyhow, DOT, oh,my! Go Blackhawks!
Just to finish my Bruins thoughts … I think it will be very hard to replace Chiarelli, who is one of the better talent evaluators and traders I’ve seen. I don’t know if this firing came down from ownership or not. If so, that bodes ill because this guy has won a Cup and lost in the Finals within 4 years. They had the most points in the league last season. You can’t expect every year to run smoothly, especially since the Bruins chose to put themselves in cap jail by signing Iginla last year, which used up all the cap bonus space for this year and caused a severe crunch. They went for it last year and Iginla left, the 1st line fell apart, etc.
If were more of a Bruins fan, I’d worry they’ll be drawn to “Bruins hockey”, which in the public imagination means a team that looks a lot like Ryan Getzlaf, all big and tough because in the public mind here it’s all about hitting and effort. (Which ignores that Getzlaf has a ton of talent.) That traditional Bruins hockey ideal made them losers for 39 years and ignores that they cups won in the 1970’s were driven by the skill of Bobby Orr, not the bashing of Terry O’Reilly.
Cam Neely, the team president, says the team needs to get faster. That’s exactly what Chiarelli has been doing: the younger players are better skaters. There’s also this weird idea the Bruins can’t score when most of the Chiarelli years they’ve been near the top of the league. The same goes for the coach: he’s a “defensive coach” whose system is about playing 3 zones and restricts players. But the team scored at the top of the league most years.
Word today is that Mark Stone has a fractured wrist from the Subban slash. I haven’t heard if the league will review this or not but this is just so wrong. There is nothing Subban could have been intending other than injury with that slash. The fact that it happened to be the guy who has been one of the hottest scorers in the league for the last two months of the season says it all. Why players, especially such talented ones, do stuff like this, I’ll never understand.
Lightning!
Darn those Oilers. Just what they need is another quality forward that they don’t know what to do with!
The Habs-Sens game was an exciting one last night. I felt badly for the Sens fans but it was fun to be there in the midst of playoff excitement. The Habs may be ready for the sweep on Wednesday night.
Hoping the Jets can pull a win out at home after losing the first two to Anaheim by blowing third period leads.
Will be interesting to see what the Kings do with Jarret Stoll after his arrest on drug charges. Just what they didn’t need was another player involved with criminal charges, after having goalie Voynov sit out the season, with pay, due to domestic violence charges.This has not been their year.
Geeze the whistles in this Wings/Lightening game are something else. It makes the game so boring to constantly pause for stupid penalties.
There are a lot of happy sports fans in DC today. Caps, Wizards and Nats win – all within an hour of each other!
Woo!
Watching the Wings game last night was the first fun thing I’ve done in weeks (thanks, finals). And I’m missing the at least part of the game tomorrow because I have to go to my dress fitting.
Stupid wedding and school getting in the way of my hockey. Don’t these things realize I have PRIORITIES?
They don’t have TVs at the bridal store? Ridiculous.
I know right?!
And apparently it’s rude to listen to the game on my phone while I get poked and prodded.
Psh.
You’re paying them, rom. Turn the game on.
checking in a little late this year… Caps finally found their game tonight.
Think the NHL will suspend this guy for spearing the Caps player in the nuts? https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CDUd2OqUMAEnt-Y.mp4
Interesting first round so far! Winnipeg and Pittsburgh are out. Montreal, Washington, Minnesota, Chicago and Calgary are ahead in their series, 3-2. Tampa Bay and Detroit tied 2-2, with game 5 tonight.
Caps / Islanders going to game 7
Caps have lost 5 of their last 5 game 7s I think… I do not have high expectations.
Wooo Detroit won tonight in convincing fashion.
Now if they can just not blow it in game 6…
Just stumbled on this thread! Two words: Go BLACKHAWKS!! 
Eliminating the Preds last night felt so good. However, I admit “we” were lucky they were without Shea Weber. (I wonder what his ‘lower body’ injury is.)
Playoff hockey is the best! 