Magnesium doesn’t help me. I do 10mg CBD and 5mg melatonin, sometimes just the CBD. Interestingly, my daughter just visited and I slept almost normally, 11-7 , getting up once. She sleeps in the same room and I wonder if her breathing helps, or if I just manage to stay up later. She left yesterday and I was up at 2:30 am again. Then went back to sleep 6:30-8:30. Chaos!
I have been on this weird sleep schedule for months now and just found this thread. I generally sleep from 7pm - 3 am and then get up, make coffee and start my day. I fight sleepiness to make supper at 6pm, and then husband cleans up after supper. I feel like this is not great, but haven’t been able to fix it.
A lot of the time I go to sleep at 8 or 9 and wake up at 4. (Note the time now, 4:20). As a former night person this is disconcerting! But as long as I get 7 hours of sleep getting up so early isn’t bad.
Didn’t get to bed until two and I have been up since five-Ish. Not fun.
Ugh, wide awake at 3 am. When I get in bed, my mind just races, thinking about my son. I have to figure out a way to stop worrying all the time, because it sure doesn’t help. ![]()
Up for good now. Two nightmares and I am done!
@MaineLonghorn I find listening to podcasts that are interesting enough, but not too interesting, occupies my mind enough so that perseverating doesn’t happen.
Well hi everyone. It’s just about bedtime where we are. But I never adjust to the time difference so I’ll be up again shortly.
There are podcasts and YouTube for sleep. I find the YouTube videos more helpful
I actually slept through the night. Amazing. This happens maybe twice a year. At most. Feels so good.
Well, 4 hrs later, here I am…. ![]()
Slept great for the first time in eons last night and am paying the price tonight…..
At least there’s the Australian Open to keep me entertained.
I’ve woken very early every day for five straight days (4:30, 5:00, 5:30) for no discernible reason. Not noise, pains, bathroom needs, uncomfortable bedding- nothing. I’ve never had this problem before and can’t figure it out. I’m falling asleep with no issues.
Edit to add I can’t fall back asleep once I wake.
Are you getting close to your trip? I wonder if your mind is more quickly going into alert mode knowing that this big event is coming up.
I suspect it could indeed be underlying stress - trip is 10 days off. Most likely source would be fear of missing flight there - we’re renting a car at SAN (we live close) and dropping it at LAX and flying from there. Husband and I differ on how much time we’ll need since he hates waiting in airports.
I may take a Benedryl tonight to see if that helps me.
Tell your husband your CC friends said to leave plenty early! The airport can be fun people watching and you promise to buy him a treat for getting there early. ![]()
Won’t work; my concerns already annoy him. He says we will check drive time after we pick up car and leave accordingly. He’s already been surprised that you need to arrive three hours early for international flights. And that the drive could easily exceed three hours (I’ve been tracking weekday drive times). And that construction at the airport could slow down the rental shuttle after we return car.
He thinks I’m paranoid.
You’ve done too much planning for too long to have to start the trip off stressful! There are plenty of things in a trip via plane that you cannot control. Getting there early is one thing you CAN control. I’ll be crossing fingers for you!
What time is the flight? Sometimes I get so antsy so we will stay close to the airport the night before, especially if we are going to the one 5 hours away. The one 1:30 away we only spend the night if we have to board super early.
But I always wish they would be more specific with the time allotments. Is that 3 hours from flight time or 3 hours from boarding. That can be a good 45 min difference. And then 3 hours from when you walk into the terminal, or 3 hours when you drive into the parking garage/economy lot. That takes a lot of time too…
It seems your H is too savvy to use my trick. I’ll tell H we need to leave so it’s 3 hours from the time I would expect to arrive in the terminal and use the boarding time…
