Theranos, were any of you victimized?

They do it to poor women of color all the time. Though not to anything as nice as club fed.

6 Likes

If they had read about how she pursued and threatened to destroy former employees reputations, and drove them to suicide, they might have a different idea of what she really is. She reminds me a bit of Karla Homolka…totally w/o conscience.

2 Likes

Not related to this trial, but sheesh… this travel agency must be not very happy that all Google hits lead to a different EH!

But!! But… it was all done for the greater good for the humanity! /sarcasm off.

1 Like

I completely agree. The book Bad Blood went to great lengths to make sure the real Elizabeth was revealed, and all I saw was a sociopath. No genius, just someone who thought she knew way more than she did, wanted adoration, prestige, money-the “good” to society was not actually her priority.

5 Likes

A vengeful, mean, dictatorial, manipulative, deceitful person who got away with a lot because of her seemingly innocent, young face. Numerous high profile people and institutions got taken in by her because they were so desperate to believe in her as a symbol, and did not do their due diligence. Props to the WSJ reporter and the brave former employees who spoke out, often at great financial and personal cost.
I have no doubt that she would have a baby as an attempt to garner sympathy during the trial. For those who haven’t, I strongly suggest reading Bad Blood, and some of the follow up articles, before passing her off as a well meaning entrepreneur who was forced into a mistake or two by her partner.

Bad Blood is an excellent book. I was shocked when I read it to see that someone my husband and I know, a former colleague of my husband, is not only mentioned in the book but was one of the investors that got suckered by her. He’s not exactly a wealthy guy compared to some of the others mentioned.

1 Like

Or listen to the podcast, The Dropout, if you prefer to listen instead of reading Bad Blood.

Just an FYI - tonight’s CNBC’s American Greed show will feature Theranos. I plan on watching.

The govt. seems to want to wait till after the trial of her partner in crime before sentencing her. I am hoping that she doesn’t get off scot free, or anything like it, in exchange for testifying against him.