Things You Have Not Missed And Will be Unlikely to Buy Again Post Pandemic

Haha, I must be very vain. Because my hair appointments are sacrosanct lol!

My in laws, their stylist called them and cut their hair on the QT while our salons were still closed. I have never been so jealous of them!

1 Like

I wound up paying a fair amount for my stylist to come to our house a couple of times, and cut my hair and my husband’s. I will go back to the salon now though. I think I’ve only had my hair cut 2-3 times since last February, but I’m normally an every 6 weeks kind of gal.
I have used a lot less make-up since the pandemic, and now that I’m retired that will likely continue.
We didn’t go out to eat during the pandemic, and it’s not as “fun” as it once was. We may very well stick with more carry-out.
I don’t go to the mall nearly as much now, so buying in general has gone down, and will likely continue.

2 Likes

We’re buying a lot less gas due to all the Zoom meetings. I think a lot of my Board meetings will continue to be remote since members are spread so far and wide.

1 Like

I will never attend an in person PTA meeting that’s for sure. I love being to listen to meetings and cook dinner at the same time.

People? My first time back at a grocery store in more than a year and the checkout person started telling me how to (incorrectly) prepare from scratch the semi-convenience food I was buying. I am visibly, recently post-surgical. Why does half a face of bandages and a dragging my leg make you think I want your bad recipe?

I enjoy “shows” and we’ve always tried to expose our kids. One of the unexpected pleasure of the pandemic is finding out that they miss them so much too. We went to a super depressing outdoor opera recently and everyone was so happy!

1 Like

I have not missed jewelry.

1 Like

Funny you mention jewlery-Once I was back at work after being furloughed, I did not wear earrings due to mask wearing and I have a phone to my ear all day. Last week we went to dinner with another couple outside and I was worried my earring would not go in as I haven’t worn a pair on over a year. I am happy to report that they slid right in; I guess after 50 years, the holes are solid!

4 Likes

I haven’t worn a watch in the last year and all the batteries are dead. My favorite jeweler where I got replacements retired and closed his shop. I have a watch wardrobe because I would get frustrated at how I looked in clothes when shopping so would gravitate to the watch display. They always fit and looked good.

4 Likes

I may not do routine nail salon visits. Maybe just for special occasions.

I lost my watch at some point during the pandemic and have no current plans to get a new one. When I need to check the time, my phone is generally not far.

1 Like