Transfering Itunes to a new computer

<p>As recommended by someone here at the time, last year D used the Senuti program (as you'll notice, it's iTunes spelled backwards,) to transfer her library. She isn't terribly tech-savvy, but was able to do it easily, and didn't lose anything in the process.</p>

<p>S stores his itunes library on an external hard drive...which he keeps connected almost all the time. So if he ends up with a new laptop, he can just plug it in and go on his merry way...I think, anyway. I used his external drive to move my library when I got my new laptop.</p>

<p>
[quote]
S stores his itunes library on an external hard drive.

[/quote]
Yep. That was our plan, too. "I haven't see that in a while, Dad." Oh, well. ;)</p>

<p>Nice to know someone else felt the pain. The kid moved my songs to an external drive and got the songs on, but like everyone else, my playlists are gone. When I have the patience, I'll create some new ones.</p>

<p>I just got a new computer. We got one of those smart transfer cables and it moved all my files over in almost no time. music, pictures, documents, bookmarks, settings, etc. Once we downloaded itunes, it put all the music in there. The only thing I am having trouble with is my email archived in outlook, which I need to configure in the new computer, and then hopefully move the letters over. But, AFAIK, the music is all there (haven't had much time to look over things yet--busy week and am now away from that computer.)</p>

<p>Anyway, the transfer cable and software worked like magic.</p>