UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Not for everyone though

1 Like

yes, thanks! Edited original post.

1 Like

97 posts were merged into an existing topic: UC Berkeley may be forced to admit 5100 fewer students

Spring semester normally has lower enrollment than fall semester, because students who graduate one semester early or one semester late have one more fall semester than spring semester if they were enrolled continuously since starting as frosh in a fall semester. That is likely why UCB (and some other colleges) have various means of admitting new frosh to start in the spring instead of fall semester, sometimes with special extension programs with limited offerings of frosh level courses (e.g. UCB’s FPF) or special study abroad programs for the fall semester.

2 Likes

Please use the above link to discuss the current enrollment issues and repercussions and leave this thread for other questions and comments related to C’26.

While I attempted to move most of those posts to the linked thread, I’m sure I missed some.

6 Likes

Good luck to the UCB 26s!

6 Likes

I tell you what…portal astrology discussions are so much more fun :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi, how did you do your Regents interview? Hope you did well. I have seen online mixed reviews about the interview, like some people said the interview was chill and some were like very intense. How was your experience? What questions did they asked?
Good luck :+1:

delete

1 Like

Never mind, it may have been due to a concert they attended at Cal ages ago. Don’t know how to delete a post.

1 Like

Welcome to the Discussion of Cal where you can post anytime but can never delete

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I deleted it for you.

2 Likes

I’ve got too much time on my hands, refreshing these pages to check on admission updates.

For context, I have one kid at Cal now. A sophomore. He was admitted in Fall 2020. Unweighted GPA 3.73. UC Capped was 4.09. Good essays ( i think). ECs were in the arts, extremely focused and showed several years of interest. (awards etc). Not really any direct leadership attributes, however.
He went to Lowell HS in San Francisco. He got in from the WL, and Lowell had about 110 kids get in that year (from 450ish applicants)

I have another son who is applying now. Same HS. 4.0 unweighted. 4.42 UC capped. 4.58 weighted. Several APs but not the very highest reaching ones. (hes taking Calc AB, not BC)
His essays were good in the sense that they were very well written and they tell a story about him. But his ECs are limited. He loves music and music production, but other than acceptance into the CSSSA arts program a couple of times, and a City College certificate in Audio/Video production courses, there isn’t much else that looks good on paper. He certainly is at the top of his class from a pure grade standpoint, but there are a lot of kids like him at his school, many with a very impressive leadership and volunteer history.
We’ll see. I’m guessing wait list.

3 Likes

Good luck to your son. Across the nation, there was a lot of wait-list action for the class of 2024 (entering Fall 2020).

1 Like

yes. that was an absolute grind. That was literally all he had, too. no back ups. Rejected from others.

His backup was CCSF?

yes, he was enrolled at CCSF until he got off the Cal waitlist

1 Like

Does anyone know when the results of the Regent’s Scholarship will be announced?

2 Likes