UCSD Waitlist Fall 2019 Transfer

If I submit my SIR to a CSU, does that automatically rescind my UC offers? Or can I submit my SIR to a CSU & a UC?

@savetherhinos No it does not rescind your other offers. If you decide not to attend the CSU however, you do not get your deposit money back.

The schools actually recommend that waitlisted students SIR elsewhere

@savetherhinos You can do both.

So do people come off the UCSD waitlist by lottery or do they review the applications once more?

@Ohm888 I believe that students can only SIR to one school.

@hgtvaddict No, you can SIR to one to meet the deadline…and then later choose to SIR to a different college if you change your mind. You must notify the school though that you have decided not to attend. You also do not get back your deposit.

@hgtvaddict CSU is not part of the UC system.

@Ohm888 I realize that. I was still under the impression that you can not give a statement of intent to register to both. I heard this at a college info night at my kids’ high school. Perhaps they were incorrect, or I might have heard incorrectly.

@hgtvaddict you cannot SIR to two at the same time. So if you SIR to one and you get off wait list for another, you can SIR to the second, but immediately also withdraw from the first.

Thank you @kristinpete, @CAtransplant, and @Ohm888 for the clarification.

@Ohm888 Do you know how UCSD accepts people off the waitlist? Do they accept the most qualified from it? Do they randomly pull people like a lottery?

@kristinpete no idea, but I would assume they manually choose. Not all on the waitlist are equal. Plus, it’s based on availability within major. But I’m simply guessing.

Any estimates as to when the first batch of UCSD waitlist decisions will come out? I’m going off of last years’ waitlist thread, for now.

@mtar25 It was May 10 last year.

For a general biology major, what are the chances of getting off the waitlist?
Also, the waitlist processes simply is based on seatings, not grades/achievements/etc?

Hi guys UCSD was my second choice school unfortunately I got waitlisted I opted in so I’m waiting I’m a Literature major with a 3.4 gpa cc transfer

a bit late here but:
transferring from 4 year OOS (yikes)
Major: Communications
Cumulative GPA: 3.65
Major GPA: 4.0
Essays: decent I would say
ECs: alright
I’m so nervous and this waiting process is killing me I can’t even sleep at night

Friday, May 10th, is looking pretty SAUCY as far as waitlist admissions go. I bet some of us find out by 5pm that day

@tacoturnup where’d you get this date from?

Yes, I think Friday will be a juicy day.