<p><a href=“http://teoing.■■■■■■■■■■/[/url]”>http://teoing.■■■■■■■■■■/</a></p>
<p>A reporter is saying we should make this the official lying in sports day in honor of teo, lance and chip Kelly</p>
<p>OMG…teo-ing</p>
<p>it had to happen.</p>
<p>I can not stop laughing.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>I’m gonna bet that’s not the answer.</p>
<p>^me too. But I know at least one ex Mormon gay guy who was pretty naive about his own sexuality (during his HS and college years) It could be a combination of the two.
This is so bizarre that I may work in an alien possession angle as well.</p>
<p>I’m flabbergasted that the athletic director cried while he was claiming Te’o was a victim. Something is very fishy. Why the tears? Was someone shot? Assaulted? I can speculate on the real reason for the tears and it is not good for the AD.</p>
<p>And why did the father of Te’o lie about meeting her? And lie about her “visits” to Hawaii?
If I was the AD trying to explain this all away, I would cry too.</p>
<p>Why did nd continue to let this publicity continue up to the BCS game if they knew dec 26??</p>
<p>This is a fascinating story and strange mystery. Who is the liar?</p>
<p>I was just running errands and listening to an NPR radio show where I sportswriter was being interviewed. He said where ND comes out really bad is how they did more to investigate this story of their Heisman candidate than they did the allegations of rape by some football players.</p>
<p>I’m going to go with he and the friend were gay and concocted this woman to provide cover. That way, I can feel sad that he felt like he had to hide who he really was. That seems to be the way for him to come out best.</p>
<p>not ghey
[A</a> Notre Dame Students Take On Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend Hoax | College Spun Social. Local. Consumable. College Sports.](<a href=“http://collegespun.com/big-east/notre-dame/a-notre-dame-students-take-on-manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-hoax#.UPgILegs2Wh]A”>http://collegespun.com/big-east/notre-dame/a-notre-dame-students-take-on-manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-hoax#.UPgILegs2Wh)</p>
<p>^^</p>
<p>Yes…during the time of her “death”, some were just reporting that it was a “friend,” and some were saying, “girl friend.” I guess some didn’t think it was right to call someone a GF if their relationship was solely by technology.</p>
<p>If the dad has claimed to have met this gal, that makes it all worse.</p>
<p>ND shouldn’t have had that press conf last night. it sounded very shady. When asked whether the two had physically met, the AD was trying to make it sound like they had never met. But, then there were questions about the supposed Hawaii visits. Then he claimed that the girl “never showed up”. Well that was weird.</p>
<p>I love this line: “… (it is well-known on campus that he has had relations with other girls during his time at Notre Dame).”</p>
<p>Like the rest of his story was well-known? Not exactly a ringing endorsement.</p>
<p>I still like the gay story better because then he’d be a bit of a victim rather than calculatingly using the fake death of a fake gf to influence Heisman voters. Even I’m not that cynical.</p>
<p>That article is stunning. He goes to mass regularly (but is a Mormon), and is “truly a class act” but carries on with the deception LONG after he and Notre Dame would have known that is was a “hoax”. This guy is a liar (possibly to himself as well). Not a “class act”.</p>
<p>The more you spin this Notre Dame, the worse it gets.</p>
<p>"…he goes to mass with Tim Tebow-like regularity–"</p>
<p>Te’o is a Mormon and Tim Tebow is a Baptist. I’m surprised they would attend Catholic mass regularily. Can anyone at Notre Dame get their story together?</p>
<p>Ok folks - here’s what I want to know if I am going to have any chance of believe Te’o was completely ‘Catfished’ in this instance </p>
<ol>
<li><p>How did the ‘meeting’ in 2009 story get out. Did Te’o tell it to his dad whom told it to the press or did dad make it up completely? </p></li>
<li><p>When did Te’o first have contact with Lennay? Was it back in 2009 and they just never actually ‘met’ at that time, or was it in 2012, but he then said he met her in 2009? If ND is asking me to believe that he talked to an on-line GF for THREE YEARS without meeting her, I’m calling BS on that right now. </p></li>
<li><p>Is there a record of these marathon phone calls he had with her when she was in a coma and barely breathing? </p></li>
<li><p>Who is the Ronnie Tuiasousopo kid? This is the person Deadspin has found to be behind the Lennay hoax. Te’o and Ronnie are/were good friends. Were they in on this together? Are they actually more than friends and this was a way they could hide their affair? What is the motive for Ronnie to start this Lennay business up, as it seems that he did. </p></li>
<li><p>Did Te’o ever send “white flowers” to the imaginary funeral or did he know this whole thing was not true and therefore no white flowers were ever sent nor purchased.</p></li>
<li><p>Why did he de-committ from USC and commit to ND at the very last minute in his Senior Yr of HS. Was it this burning desire for him to be on a Catholic campus as a Mormon, or, because Tuiasousopo was in California (as well as other Samoans whom Te’o knew from home) he had a desire to “get away” from what might have seemed to him as his ‘embarassing’ sexual desires and figured if he’s a Mormon on a Catholic campus, he had a good reason to sort of live a celibate existence? It remains one of the great mysteries why he chose to go to the middle-of-nowhere Indiana when all of his friends and relations were at BYU or Cali. </p></li>
<li><p>How do the journalists at CBS, Sports Illustrated, ESPN and Yahoo Sports (to name just a few) not do ANY fact checking on this story whatsoever?? ONE phone call to Stanford would have blown this story right out of the water. </p></li>
<li><p>Do Manti (and Ronnie) realize that the type of Leukemia that strikes the young is now over 90% curable and very very rarely causes death in 3 months!! (Te’o says she was stricken in June, she “dies” in September.) </p></li>
<li><p>Notre Dame claims to have known about the hoax on Dec. 26th, but doesn’t say a word when CBS runs an entire pre-game story on Lennay’s death Jan 7th before the BCS title game!! ?? ND just goes along and lets CBS put up pictures of the ‘fake’ Lennay ( sorry “Reba” the poor girl whom had no idea she was being used in this manner.) By the way, if I’m “Reba” I am suing CBS for putting my picture on National TV and declaring me dead.</p></li>
</ol>
<p>[Manti</a> Te’o talked about his girlfriend’s passing after finding out it was a hoax](<a href=“http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/january/manti-te-o-talked-about-his-girlfriend-passing-away-at-the-heisman-trophy-presentation.html]Manti”>Manti Te'o talked about his girlfriend's passing after finding out it was a hoax)</p>
<p>It’s been done before and it will be done again. Clearly it’s relatively easy to hoodwink the media. Reminds me of the journalism critic years ago who made up simplistic false stories that could be easily debunked by minimal fact checking. He sent out dozens of notices to various daily newspapers around the country and several of them ran with the stories without ever bothering to contact him beforehand.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>As I have lamented here before, the age of fact checkers and copy editors have gone the way of manual typewriters, transistor radios and camera flashbulbs. Those days are gone.</p>
<p>Poor Lennay Kekua. A premature death that followed a non-birth. Seems she never had a chance.</p>