@abasket - It’s not Mexican, but my go to crockpot holiday dessert is Indian Pudding. It is a cornmeal / molasses pudding, not very sweet - pair very well with vanilla ice cream. There are many variations online. My reciped is much like this one - Plimoth Plantation's Slow Cooker Indian Pudding - New England
Another idea is Mexican Chocolate ice cream, available at some of our ice cream parlors.
I should clarify that I am not looking for Mexican desserts - christmas cookies will be our dessert! Now I’m realizing I read this thread title wrong and it should be all about desserts - but I think some of us misinterpreted it!
So unless you have a great Mexican easy entree or side idea you want to PM me - you can ignore my ask!!! 
@abasket I have a great slow cooker Mexican dip that is always extremely popular - will PM you the recipe.
We will be having frapple—apple pie on top of a very light custard and topped with sugared, toasted sliced almonds. Also having mochi. All of these will be made by a friend who makes these treats professionally. She’s a superb chef and baker.
Would love the recipe for sticky toffee pudding @Lindagaf!
@HImom I’m planning on using this recipe. I’ll be serving with lightly sweetened whipped cream.
Thanks @Lindagaf! I printed it out and am trying to convince D to make it. She is a fan of Trader Joe’s Sticky Toffee Pudding but we don’t have TJ in our state.
I’m going to make these donuts, which my family has been making every Christmas Eve for many years. This year, it’s just two of us, so I think it’s the only dessert we’ll make for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Well, D bought the ingredients—am hoping she will make the sticky toffee pudding. 


Biscochitos for dessert. They’re a traditional New Mexican holiday cookie made with cinnamon, orange liqueur and orange zest and anise.
The cookies are traditionally made with lard so they’re very crispy, but D --who is vegetarian/vegan–just made a batch with Crisco, flax seed egg replacer and orange zest/juice. (Brand new babies in the house so no one is going out to buy orange liqueur while we’re under lockdown.) Those turned out very good. Crispy on the outside, tenderer in the middle than a traditional cookie, but lovely flavor.
Biscochitos recipe here: Biscochitos Recipe: Traditional New Mexican Cookies - Some the Wiser
or
https://leitesculinaria.com/101996/recipes-biscochitos.html
Another New Mexican holiday favorite is red chile chocolate cookies.
These are your favorite cookie cookie recipe enhanced with 2 tsp of ground red chile (not chile powder which has cumin and oregano mixed in, but dried red chiles ground to fine powder. Ancho chiles go especially well with chocolate.) Instead of nuts in the cookies, try using roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
And, of course, Mexican wedding cookies.
What about posolé? It’s traditional New Mexican hominy, pork and red chile stew. It’s a staple for fall and Christmas dinners. Easy to make in a slow cooker or electric pressure cooker. Can be made in advance and reheated.
Vegetarians can substitute vegetable broth for the chicken or pork broth and use butternut squash in place of the pork shoulder/country ribs.
Yum! These sound like Polish paczki. We soak prunes in grand marnier and then put one in each doughnut before we fry them.
That gingerbread cake sounds yummy. Do you have a link you could share?
I am making a chocoflan for dessert.
I am making a cheesecake with sour cream on top.
Sounds lovely! Could you explain more what you mean by “cook” the clementines?
Ah yes. I simmer them in a pot of water. I top up the water so the pot doesn’t go dry.
I’m going to make a gingerbread Bouche de Noel from Smitten Kitchen. Gingerbread sponge, whipped cream filling and topping, plus melted white chocolate that looks like bark. Oh and sugared cranberries.
Christmas day we always have a special baked good to go with our coffee. This year I’m making a cranberry-raspberry star wreath bread from Zoe Bakes. I haven’t tried either before, but they both make it look easy, so why not?
That gingerbread Bouche de Noel sounds amazing!
Chocolate cake from a local bakery. Easy to prepare and always perfect. 
Wow, D1 sent a pic of a 2 layer chocolate cake she made for tonight. This is a gal who, until recently, could only make boxed stuffing or Mac n cheese. Or scrambled eggs.