What is you/your kid’s intended/landed major/job and did you/they change your major

Me:

Entered Journalism> exited double major child development/psychology >most of career in early childhood health/healthcare/education

Child #1:

Entered and exited Public relations major > communications director, higher education

Child 2:

Entered and exited education/teaching >taught for 11 Years > masters school admin >principal

Child 3:

Entered /exited allied health > doctorate OT > OT children’s hospital

H also stayed in field he entered/exited for grad and post grad work.

But who knows what the future holds!

2 Likes

@shawbridge what was your undergrad major?

Formally statistics, but math courses and I believe that certain economics courses, quantitative political science and engineering courses counted toward my major. I took a math course every semester, I’m pretty sure. I also studied a lot of psychology. I minimized languages and humanities.

My relatives who recently became doctors majored in:
US history
international business & Mandarin
biology & math
nutrition

3 Likes